Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dinner at Bistro du Vin: A review

On Saturday N and I went to Soho to have dinner at the newly opened Bistro du Vin. The restaurant is the second one of this Hotel/Bistro chain opening in London and I had heard many good things about the first one in Clernkewell so I was really excited about trying it too. And the experience didn't disappoint. The interior is warm and welcoming, elegant but never overwhelming. 


Dinner started with a selection of breads and the bistro cocktail special


The starter selection is not massive but extremely well curated, and N went for the Foie Gras and Chicken Liver parfait and I had the Gratinated Goat's Cheese Souffle. Both were incredibly tasty, very very well presented and exactly what we needed as a first taste of the Bistro. I'm not going to lie, I think of that souffle and want more more more. I mean look an it!


Deciding on main was rather easy for us as we both enjoy our meat and knowing it is done on a Josper grill was the highlight for me so N went for the Fillet and I chose the Rib Eye, oh my, delicious! And those french fries were done to perfection.


For desert, the lovely people at the Bistro suggested a platter of cheeses (more on that later) but Im a desert bouf and that's all I want to eat when I eat out so went for the Strawberry Sundae (delicious Strawberries and strawberry sorbet with Chantilly cream! I wish I had some right now) and N went for the Gratinated figs, he said they were amazing!


Beautiful? It was, and the service next to none, the maitre was charming and the personnel attentive and knowledgable. A beautiful experience and really recommended. 
Plus if you like wine and cheese, they know what they are talking about, there a cheese room with more than 50 varieties, so worth it. 


Would I recommend it? Without a hint of doubt. Big thanks goes to everyone at the Bistro du Vin in Soho for taking such great care of us. 
* N and I were guests of the restaurant - pictures by me

22 comments:

  1. Are those your pics? They are incredible! My friend manages one of their hotels, I do love the design details taken through to things like that cheese room.
    I don't know what the grill is that you mentioned but those steaks look perfect, that would have been my choice too and my hubs cannot see past foie gras - it's too strong for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how absolutely gorgeous, that food looks almost too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks almost too good to consume! Almost... : ) beautiful photos. Def giving it a try next time I'm in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That looks and sounds absolutely incredible, Helena :) I thought dinner may have finished with a little bling hehe don't ask me why but I thought that may have been where the post was going hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some day when I make it to London I hope I can meet you there! Looks amazing! I see your google friend connect gadget is back up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to such an amazing cool restaurant in my life! You are so lucky!!!
    Have a PRETTY day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious, it makes me hungry! I wish i wasn't picky and could enjoy fabulous dishes like this :) yummyyy

    ReplyDelete
  8. the 2nd photo with all those colorful books - i love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    Thanks so much for the great blog. We're glad you had such a good time. Your pictures are fantastic too. Could we possibly have copies? If so, could you email them to feedback@hotelduvin.com? Hope to see you again soon, best wishes, Bistro du Vin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that looks and sounds so delish! Glad you guys had a fabulous time :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! And that bookcase - total inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helena! You can reach me at ckschicktanz[at]gmail{dot}com. Thanks for the invitation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about this place is making my mouth water. Seriously. Yum.
    xo
    alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lets see.. bread, check. wine, check. cheese, check. french fries, check.

    sounds pretty fabulous to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds and looks amazing! I will be in London in the Fall and I will add this to my restaurant list. So happy to get your recommendaton!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with all of that! Great blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg that place looks amazing! my mouth is watering so bad right now, mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  18. look at you lady! what a gorgeous night. happy that you and N got to spend such a fun night out... :) i mean, it ALMOST looks as good as busaba. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mouth was watering from beginning to end... especially the goat cheese souffle! I'm definitely going to have to pay this place a visit v soon :)
    ~el

    ReplyDelete
  20. The decor is amazing! I really really love all the different coloured books on the shelves. It would be a dream come true one day to have colour co-ordinated books like that!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my god it's look delicious !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover