Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In my Kitchen: Kirsten from 6th Street Design School

I'm sure you all know the extremely lovely Kirsten from 6th Street Design School. Don't you? Bad, bad, bad, check out her kitchen and secrets below and go quickly say hi!
She is a very talented interior designer, and her home is proof her impeccable taste.  

Eat in or out: Out! 
Take away or restaurant: Restaurant. 
I cook for ... my husband and my son and friends! 

Healthy food: quinoa 
Indulgence: Ice Cream
Weekend Meal: Grilled hot dogs or hamburgers
Date Dinner: If I was on a date I wouldn't be cooking. We'd go out to eat and I would be happy anywhere that had a good steak! 
Quick fix: I love to make BLT's and Tuna Melts for lunch. 

My kitchen is: small but perfect for me. 
Favorite gadget(s): My pampered chef food dicer. 

My cooking bible: Pintrest! I go on there all the time for great recipes now. 
My must ingredients: anything with onion, green and red peppers! 
Spicy or Mild: mild

My recipe: Perfect Lemon Bars


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
Make the crust. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Cut butter into chunks and add to flour mixture. Blend in with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture forms coarse, sandy crumbs. Pour into pan and press mixture down (with your fingers or the back of a spoon) into an even layer.
Bake for 16-19 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.
While crust is baking, make filling. Whisk together all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
When the crust comes out of the oven and is still hot, pour in filling mixture.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until filling is set and does not jiggle when the pan is gently shaken.
Cool completely before slicing.
Top slices with confectioners’ sugar to serve.

Makes about 24 bars.


  1. I ADORE lemon bars, those look AMAZING.

  2. Hi Helena! Not sure if you saw my last post, wanted to share the news that I got engaged! xoxo

  3. Ooh you have the same must have ingredients.. I love onions and peppers! I actually just made stuffed green peppers for dinner tonight :)

    xo katie elizabeth

  4. The blue and white striped blind caught my eye straight away - LOVE IT!

  5. Love the dinning table - so vintage yet modern looking

  6. How cute is she?! I am going to HAVE to make those lemon bars because now that I've seen them they will be on my mind all day! Yum. xo

  7. Ooh those lemon bars look so yummy! I will have to give them a go. Love this post! xo

  8. beauiful kitchen! love the rug. lemon bars- yum! i'd like one for bfast with coffee :)

  9. Love lemon bars - and 6th street!!


  10. these look absolutely divine. gotta try them


    A couple of lovers sailing around the world.

  11. Love her bright and cheery breakfast space - the greenery makes it just right!

  12. I'm a follower of 6th Street Design School too and I just love her design aesthetic. And lemon bars ... ooh, my favorite! I confess -- I usually make the kind from the box. But this "from scratch" recipe looks like one I could conquer!

  13. Lemon bars? Yummy! I need to try this, I love anything lemon!

  14. Mu Mom's bday is Saturday and lemon bars are her favorite! I have never made homemade lemon bars ~ I have tried the box lemon bars... but with litle success. I am going to give these a try for her ! Thank you for the recipe~!
    Have a PRETTY day!

  15. I wish I had a plate of those bars in front of me right now!

  16. her kitchen space is tiny but she makes great use of every inch.

  17. Lemon Bars are my Fave!!! Maybe even more than chocolate... and that's hard to do :)


  18. MMM Sounds delicious. I love Kirsten!

  19. Oooh those lemon bars sound delish! I could use one right about now :)

  20. omg those lemon bars are awesome! thanks for the recipe!

  21. That was great lemon bars.. By the way, the interior design of your kitchen was really awesome! :)

  22. wow, ok im going to make those.... and if i dont mess it up i'll post it as well!
    looks soo good !


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover