Tuesday, June 07, 2011

In my Kitchen: Emma from the Marion House

If you don't know Emma from The Marion House Book, well you are missing out. Go check out her blog, then check out her home. You will be picking up your jaw from the floor. And her kitchen is just as stunning and her recipe just yummy(licious!)

Eat in or out: I love both.
Take away or restaurant: Restaurant
I cook for ... My husband and my son.

Healthy food: Kale
Indulgence: Chocolate and good cheese.
Weekend Meal: Depends on the season. In the winter, I love to have a beef stew braising in the oven for a few hours whereas in the summer it would probably be something outside on the barbeque.
Date Dinner: Could be anything. We're usually just happy to be on a date!
Quick fix: Orrechiette with arugula, cherry tomatoes, olives and goat cheese

My kitchen is: the most used room in the house
Favorite gadget(s): Sharp Knife
In the kitchen, I couldn't live without: a gas stove
My cooking bible: Love all the Brits - Nigel Slater, Jamie Oliver, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Gordon Ramsay and Nigella Lawson.
My must ingredients: Butter and salt
Spicy or Mild: Spicy








My recipe: 
So hard to choose just one! I have a series on my blog called The Best which highlights one of my favorite recipes each month. Since we're heading into summer, I'll leave you with this Fresh Berry Tart Recipe. It doesn't require any baking and takes about 15 minutes to make! 
No Bake Fresh Berry Tart
(adapted from How To Be A Domestic GoddessNigella Lawson - Black and White Tart)
Serves 8

For the base:
250g digestives
75g butter, melted
25 cm fluted flan tin or 9 inch pie dish
For the filling:
1 large egg, separated
75g caster sugar
500g mascarpone
squeeze of lime or lemon (to taste)
600-800g of mixed berries (2-3 pints)
Put the cookies in the processor and blitz to crumbs. Then, motor running, add the melted butter down the funnel. Tip into the flan case or pie dish and using your fingers press onto the base and up the sides. Put in the fridge while you get on with the creamy filling.
Whisk the egg white until stiff but not dry and set aside for a moment. Beat the egg yolk with the sugar until thick and pale: you may think there's too much sugar to make a paste but persist: it happens. Add the mascarpone, beating till smooth, then the lime or lemon juice. Fold in the egg white and pile and smooth this mixture into the prepared flan case or pie dish.
Arrange the fruit on top.

32 comments:

  1. I love the walls of her kitchen, that paint color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful house. Her little herb inside garden is just great!! I should try that out (too hard to get them to live outside - either too cold or hot...)
    This Fresh Berry Tart looks easy ad delicious! Would give a try once the berries season is on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to read a feature on Emma.. She is pretty great! I love getting to know bloggers..

    Vitania of Verdigris Vie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the berry tart sounds delicious! Great series Helena! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the potted herbs! I'm so jealous of that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING IT! thanks for introducing us such a great inspiring person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving how brave she has been with colour - fantastic space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning kitchen! I'd also choose a Nigella recipe as my top pic - she is the best for baking! The slate grey walls are stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummmyyumyyy
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    www.samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is her kitchen? Love it! That recipe sounds awesome.... love anything with berries. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice kitchen!!! And the recepie....thanks!! I think i´ll trie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her choice of her cooking bibles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the talented Emma and her beautiful home. She seems to be a master of all trades, doesn't she! The tart sounds summer perfect, the only down side, the measurements. Any chance we can get a recipe in a language we Americans speak? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. holy cow. people actually have kitchens like that? amazing! and that tart looks perfect. i'm in! when are we invited over?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. seriously???? what an AWESOME kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow her kitchen is amazing!!! Thanks for introducing us to her :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. New here, and loving it! I came over from Emma's blog and think this is a great idea! I'm going to be doing interviews with self-employed heroes on a new blog soon, I hope you'll check it out. diggingwithshovels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahh, this is right up my ally! that matte black wall makes me swoon

    ReplyDelete
  19. is that actually her kitchen because I just about fell out of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors and the chalkboard area. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and that recipe looks just yummy. We have a Bertazzoni too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. that kitchen is BEYOND lovely! i love her what seems to be an herb garden- i am planning on making my own after seeing my grandma's this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Helena for having me and for all the lovely comments from your readers.
    @nkp - I think there is a US version of How to be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson. It should have measurements in cups and teaspoons!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Goodness gracious, her place looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Am a big fan of Emma and her lovely Marion House Book. Such a great feature and of course a yummy recipe too!

    Nigella rocks. Love everything about her.

    x Charlotta
    Space for Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  26. stunning kitchen indeed and that pie! scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't get over all of the fresh herbs! I am so envious. And those appliances...wowza.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow! what a lovely kitchen and gorgeous pie! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is an amazing kitchen, were doing our kitchen soon and are looking for a couple of ideas. i would love my kitchen to look like this at the end of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing kitchen!! Love berries, especially for the spring/summer seasons so I would deff love to try this pie!
    Visit me @ http://sunshine--loving.blogspot.com/
    - Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover