Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In my Kitchen: Annemarie from Brunch at Saks

Annemarie and her blog Brunch at Saks was one of the very first blogs I read and I still love love love madly! Annemarie often posts recipes she has made and I know she enjoys her cooking so I thought she would be a great fit to the series. Check her secrets and yummy recipe!




Eat in or out:  Eat in. I have a gluten, dairy, and soy allergy, so most of the time I am in the kitchen as soon as I get home. 
Take away or restaurant:  Both are fun, depending on the type of day/week it's been!
I cook for ... usually just my boyfriend and me, but I love cooking for family and friends as well.
Healthy food: I love pretty much all veggies and fruit.
Indulgence: Luna & Larry's coconut bliss ice cream. It's gluten and dairy free, and oh so good!
Weekend Meal: In the winter it's some sort of soup, and in the summer something light, like cold pasta salad made with gluten free noodles.
Date Dinner: Either filet mignon or grilled fish, paired with steamed veggies and a baked potato.
Quick fix: Tacos!


My kitchen is: intimidating, yet the place I love being in the most.
Favorite gadget(s): My Martha Stewart aqua Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
In the kitchen, I couldn't leave without: Le Creuset dutch oven. 
My cooking bible: Blogs like Gluten Free Goddess and Tasty Eats At Home

 Annemarie is moving to a new apartment so she couldn't send me pics of her own kitchen but here are some of the fantastic ones she has shared in her blog lately.






My must ingredients: I use basil, thyme, and parsley a lot. And sea salt, too!
Spicy or Mild: A little of both.

My recipe: French Vanilla Meringue 
 
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 185 F
Using the whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form (about 5-8 minutes).
Switch to paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed, slowly adding in powdered sugar and vanilla.
Mix until shiny and satin like, about 12-15 minutes.
Scoop meringue into a pastry or zip-lock bag and pipe onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 2 hours, until crispy on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside.


18 comments:

  1. I love the kitchen examples, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Annemarie! And I can't live without my Le Creuset dutch oven either :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to attempting the meringue. Thanks for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going on the hunt for that ice cream she mentioned, our sitter has a gluten/dairy allergy so I am always looking for great treats for her to have when she is with the boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm! Meringue! I love that stuff!

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course she would have amazing taste! And I have the exact same color mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My KitchenAid is that color and I just adore it. Not only is it a total work horse, but it's such a fun "pop" of color on my counter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such gorgeous kitchens! love this series!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the whites kitchen ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is some really great examples of kitchens there. I have a tiny flat in london so i do think these will fit lol. Maybe i can pull a couple of design ideas from it though the rustic feel of first pictures is what i want to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Utterly beautiful, I love reading about other peopel's eating habits and lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne Marie is awesome. I am going to try that recipe for sure! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love meringue cookies! Definitely going to try that recipe!

    blair @ scsd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meringues are so yummy and light. I will make these for sure!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I have an amazing Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. her blog is so great! love getting to know more about her...mmm, the meringues sound yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with that second kitchen. Amazing!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this post! I will have to try that recipe and I would love that aqua kitchen aid. Cooking is my favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover