Tuesday, May 03, 2011

In my Kitchen: Sue from the Zhush

Very very excited to be introducing this new series in the blog today. I had your support all along the My Stuff and I really hope you enjoy this one as much! It's food related, yum! Some of our favourite ladies will be sharing their kitchens, fave recipes and some other little cooking secrets. Enjoy!
First fab lady to delight us today is Sue from The Zhush



Hi! Sue from The Zhush here!  The truth is, as much as I love beautiful, well designed kitchens, I'm not much of a cook!  Like many, our kitchen is the hub of the home and our family.   But, truth be told, my first choice is always to order in or better yet, go out to eat!  I miss the delivery options that were available to us when we lived in NYC. Here in the country, I'm often "forced" to cook.  I have a few go to recipes...but I'm always looking for more easy ways to feed my husband and three very picky children.

I cook for... : When I do cook its for five.
Healthy food:  Greek yogurt
Indulgence:  Pizza and or ice cream
Weekend meal:  Pasta dinners with wine
Date dinner: Cocktails, Caprese salad, Dover sole, wine, profiteroles
Quick fix:  dry cereal ( I usually mix about two or three together)
spicy: tobasco
mild:  dill and/or truffle oil


My kitchen:
Favourite gadget:  the built in refrigerator drawers in our blue hutch
Could not live without: my microwave
My cooking bible: kitchen laptop  (the internet is where I go with all cooking questions and to search for recipes)






My Recipe:
One go to recipe is Ina Garten's Tuscan Lemon Chicken (this is from her back to basics cookbook...perfect for my basic level cooking skills!)
I make this in the broiler, not outside on the grill...although friends tell me its fabulous this way as well!

Thanks so much for having me over today! After all this cooking and kitchen talk, I'm now starving!
***
Thank you Sue! Love your kitchen and I have to try this fantastic chicken recipe! 
Hope you all enjoyed the new series, looking forward to more?

43 comments:

  1. Totally looking forward to more of this series! I love kitchens, cooking & baking, & learning about new recipes! Can't wait to follow along with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Of course, I knew Sue's kitchen would be as gorgeous as the rest of her home... and she has what looks like my marble counters I wanted, (& the builder talked me out of.... REGRET)! I've made that chicken and it's awesome. My draft is almost done... I'll get it to you soon. This series is going to be a hit, Helena. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a dream kitchen! Great blog.

    http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous kitchen! I looove those countertops and that fridge- want! Love this new series and can't wait to follow along:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea for a series, feature the heart of the home!! Love that Barefoot recipe, you can not go wrong with anything by her. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great series! And what a lovely kitchen Sue has:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE her kitchen, what a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful kitchen! I love this new feature already.

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful kitchen, I love the blue hutch! Yes to Greek yogurt, pizza and ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore Sue -- and her kitchen is gorgeous! I love the blue hutch.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous series! Very excited to see the upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool series - and what a stunning kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ina's Tuscan lemon chicken is one of my FAVORITES!!! Also adoring her farmhouse sink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab series! Love the sink over looking the window - reminds me of my childhood home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh exciting! This could be my favourite series yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow her kitchen is gorge! i love knowing what people make on a daily basis, this is a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there! i just came across your blog and loved it! it's spectacular! love your great style, check out my blog and follow if you like it, i promise to do the same!
    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear.blogspot.com
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That hutch is so incredible...I have hutch envy!

    XO
    Carly

    All This Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh yay! So looking forward to this series - its great x

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fun new series idea! her kitchen is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun series! And a gorgeous kitchen, it's sleek yet relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great series! Really neat to see into other bloggers kitchens! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The kitchen is just as beautiful as the rest of your home! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sue has a beautiful kitchen and home! And great recipe ideas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. awesome sue, but now I have kitchen envy! donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a fun series! Love Sue and her kitchen. Totally stealing that Ina recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this new series idea! How fun. We're currently fixing some things in the kitchen in our new house and it's great to see the wonderful rooms that other bloggers have in their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am not surprised that Sue's kitchen is so beautiful! The chicken recipe is a favorite of mine too. You can't go wrong with an Ina recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh i love this series!!!! love SUE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks so much for having me over. Can't wait to see all the other kitchens and maybe get some new recipes!
    xx
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  32. ...and I bet all your Chanel bags are kept in your oven!!! :)
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fun series - love Sue's kitchen. Love that the fabulous blue hutch houses fridge drawers - so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. lovely blog and cool pictures :)
    greetings martin&vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love her kitchen...love her home!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fun series and always fun to see and learn more about a fellow blogger, Love Sue!!!!
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  37. So very fun! I adore Sue, and of course her kitchen is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great series...I love a white kitchen too and have had several, each one getting a little better. Sue's is fabulous as I knew it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sounds like me when it comes to cooking!! Beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think that this is really good, I would like to have the opportunity to get more about it, thanks for sharing I want to have the chance of get more about .

    ReplyDelete
  41. thank you for the great Blog its really imperishable to the people.now we would like to Introduce a very suitable kitchen worktops items for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover