Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eating and drinking at the Malmaison: YUM!

At the Malmaison in Oxford we slept like babies and ate like kings. What can I say, we were utterly and definitely spoiled. The brasserie has incredible yummy food that still has me salivating. How cosy is the below dinning room? Perfect for a small dinner party!



I love  mussels but I'm always a bit skeptical but at the Malmaison they were gorgeously tasty. N had english asparagus with poached eggs and said they were cooked to perfection.




Steak and fries? uuum yes please! and delicious panacotta for desert, oh how I love panacotta!



After dinner, we had fantastic cocktails at the visitors bar and I was seriously impressed. Again very masculine but warm at the same time. There's tufted sofas!




And of course breakfast, hot, cold, anything your heart (or stomach!) wishes the Malmaison can offer. 






N and I were guests of the Malmaison Oxford

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time, love the look of the bar with those deep blue sofas and your dessert of course, yum!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pictures. The food looks excellent!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and the breakfast looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to eat and the food looks AMAZING!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh it looks like luxury! Would love a break away there right now!! The panacotta looks so YUM! Sounds like you had a fabulous time! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing!!!!! We didn't stay there when we were in Oxford, but I was dying to! Glad to know you enjoyed it. We only had a drink at the bar :(

    I guess there is always next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm... mussels are my fav too. Everything looks amazing.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like perfection! I love mussels. And I'll take a croissant too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stayed in the Malmaison when I was in Oxford- such a lovely place!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que buena presentación los platos,un lugar de ensueño !!

    Saludos

    http://thetrendysurfer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh, yummy!! My Aunt & Uncle stayed there and loved it- I'd quite like to pop in for a snoop around (and perhaps try some of the delicious food!). x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so good. I just can't get over the fact that this was a prison. Now I am starving! What the heck did they do w/ all the prisoners? xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy, so much goodness in these photos! It all looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that pannacotta looks great. i may need to hop across oxpens road and have me a brunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these look really yummy! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover