Wednesday, April 06, 2011

My Stuff Series **Love, Life, Lace**

Tatiana is the girl behind Love, Life, Lace, a lifestyle blog that celebrates life. She is charming, sweet and enjoys life to the full. Her style is quirky, fun, flirty, colourful and unpretentious and she is the queen of mixing bold colours with bright patterns, and I absolutely adore her. Come on now, if you haven't already, go check out her blog. You won't regret it. 




Inspirations:
I pull inspiration from a lot of places like magazines, tv and street style! But not in the Sartorialist way (I can rarely pull those looks off), what I mean by street style is what I see people wearing out. Very often I'll spot an outfit I love on someone I see out shopping and I'll try and work some of that into my own wardrobe. 
Favorite discovery: I would have to say that my favorite discovery is learning that not only does color work but it's so much fun to wear - it revolutionized my style!
Favorite place in the world: Any new place! There's nothing I love more than discovering a new continent, country, or town. I love hearing a new language, having my breath taken away by fantastic architecture or discovering my new favorite cafe!
Style icon: Hands down Audrey Hepburn, she was the perfect combination of chic and girly. She always looked fresh, unique and stunning.
Favorite movie:  Speak of the devil! Breakfast At Tiffany's! I fell in love with it my freshman year of college and I must have watched it dozens of times since then. I not only adore it because it's stars Audrey but also because I find something new in it every time I watch it. Brilliant!


Clothes
Underwear: I get bored with lingerie quickly so I stick to Victoria's Secret. It's not fancy but it gives me the opportunity to restock often without breaking the bank. 
Watch:  My mum's Gucci watch I inherited from her, it's one of my most prized possessions. 
Day dress and day bag: 
I have a great Isaac Mizrahi for Target black shift that is incredibly versatile. As far as a day bag I almost always use my LV. 
Evening dress: My bubblegum pink taffeta one shoulder J. Crew dress. 
Jeans: Lately I've been wearing a lot of J. Crew jeans; they're affordable and they have a fantastic selection of washes.
Shoes: Kate Spade! She makes the most ladylike and charming shoes! And of course I adore my Christian Louboutin sandals! 


Home
Where you live: SoCal.
Favorite art:  I wouldn't say there's anything specific however, I really get excited when artists play on color and light!
Bedding:  Totally a mishmash but I can't live without a good quality duvet and duvet cover, I suppose it's my European upbringing. But I have to say I really love Ralph Lauren bedding.
Coffee table books: My beloved Princess Diana book, a photography book about DC, Lauren Conrad's style book and multiple photography books about fish (that belong to my husband). 
Flowers: Ranunculus, peonies and roses. But I'll never turn down a great wildflower bouquet!


Beauty
Perfume: My classic is Miss Dior Cherie but lately I've been using Tocca's Florence perfume - such a lovely, unique scent. 
Moisturizer:  Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. I've been using it for years and it's just hands down the best. 
Mascara:  Diorshow in black - there's nothing better. 
Shampoo: Kerastase Bain Satin 1. I've actually recently started using this shampoo and it's really great. I was a firm believer of Pantene because it did everything I needed and was cheap however, I always hated that it took all the volume out of my hair. Karastase keeps the fullness of my hair but still gives me that sleek and smooth look I love.
Blush:  Nars Angelika - nothing looks more natural or fresh. 
Lipstick: I switch between Nars Jungle Red and Schiap - so fun!



Thanks Tatiana!

19 comments:

  1. tocca florence is amazing. agreed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those LV shoes are amazing. tocca florence is the most romantic fragrance ever, wore it on my wedding day. Looking forward to checking out her blog!

    Newest Follower!

    Best, Tamra

    tamrasanford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I like her style, gonna go check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Tatiana has fabulous style. I feel the same way about Breakfast at Tiffany's - I always discover something new each time I watch it! Off to check her blog out, thank you for the introduction! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her style- her shoes especially had me at hello...excited to check out her blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! it is my dream to own a pair of loubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I love her! Thanks for featuring her on your blog :)
    <3 Kastles

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks super duper cute in that pink dress! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is she?! Love the Tocca scents too. Off to follow her blog, thanks for the intro, Helena! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's adorable! Thanks for the intro, sweetie. She has great taste especially in beauty. Love Tocca :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks and what a pretty name she has!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I'm all about the Kerastase and those LV sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tocca scents (and the bottles) are so pretty. Love her shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A girl truly after my own heart x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Thank you so much for all the love darlings!! And thank you so, so much to Helena for featuring me - I'm beyond honored!!
    Thank you for the follows and welcome to Love, Life, Lace!! I'm so excited to have you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful post on a wonderful blog! I'm off to check it now..

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks like a complete loser. And homely too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover