Wednesday, February 02, 2011

My Stuff Series **Little Bits of Lovely**

The lovely rachel from Little Bits of Lovely has always some fantastic finds to share be it fashion, interiors or places. This ausie knows how to make me swoon and I'm very very happy to have her today. In case you don't know Rachel, I strongly recommend you go by and say hi!



Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: the online blogging world! Blogging has really made me appreciate the incredible talent of inspirational designers, photographers and artists. I have also made some lovely friends, who through their blogs, continually inspire me. Being part of this community has encouraged me to unearth my passsion for interiors and for that I am very grateful.
Favorite Place in the World: Without a doubt, New York City
Style Icons: Audrey Hepburn, Olivia Palermo, Kate Moss, Katie Holmes,
Favorite Designer: Collette Dinnigan, Chanel, Chloe,
Favorite Movie: ooh that’s hard; I’d say a toss up between The Devil Wears Prada, Amelie and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.


Clothes
Jeans: Australian brand Bettina Liano; it’s hard for me to find jeans to fit because I am so tall, but these fit like a glove and I live in them!
Underwear: Elle McPherson intimates
Watch: Emporio Armani
Day dress and day bag: Jeans, ballet flats, blazer and camisole and Prada bag. During summer, I love pretty dresses. My go-to bag for everyday is a chequered LV Speedy.
Evening Dress: chic cocktail dress, heels and clutch
Shoes: Always ballet flats, my favourites are French Sole & JCrew 


Home
Inspiration: Kelly Wearstler, Windsor Smith, Summer Thornton, countless magazines like Real Living, Vogue Living, Inside Out, Lonny, Rue and blogs of course!
Favorite Art: I’m really into prints at the moment, we are in the process of choosing which to have dec√≥rate the walls of our home. Etsy has some great artists which I am enjoying discovering.
Bedding: I can’t resist pure white egyptian cotton sheets, such a luxury!
Stationery: Kikki-K
Coffee table books: Home Love, Megan Morton; Domino, The Book of Decorating; Kelly Wearstler, Modern Glamour
Flowers: Peonies or hydrangeas


Beauty
Perfume: Christian Dior, Hypnotic Poison
Moisturizer: Dermalogica, Intensive Moisture Balance. The best moisturiser ever.
Mascara: Chanel Inimitable
Shampoo: L’Oreal
Soap: Kiehl’s corriander body wash – divine


Thanks Rachel!

26 comments:

  1. I love her blog ~ she unearths some stunning images. But it is really interesting to see the person behind the blog! Entertaining reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series. So much fun to learn all about new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for having me here today Helena, it was so fun putting this together!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This girl has some serious style! I feel like I was clicking on links left, right and center. Thanks Helena, my love. Great My Stuff Series today :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I love whenever you post bloggers I haven't heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the Cs - Chanel, Chloe, and Collette Dinnigan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely series, please continue so!Delighted to learn more from other bloggers!KISSES

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great series! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Devil Wears Prada is one of my faves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea for a post :) you have fantastic style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A girl after my own heart... ballet flats all the way for me too. (Although, we have had so much snow here I haven't been able to wear them). xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this series and love sweet Rachel- she has truly fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great taste! I loooove the devil wears prada and i have the domino coffee table book :-)
    Rachie xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh i am totally lusting over that bag!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Rachel! Fabulous picks, no surprise at all. I'm hoping to get to meet her when she visits NYC this summer :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome, i'll check out rachel's blog. i love keihl's coriander!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sure wish the weather outside was perfect for a pretty summer dress, instead its -5 and oh, so chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you about blogging. Also I want that watch. I love silver watches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I say this every week, but I love this series!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous round up! New to this denim label...but they look adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. all undergarments should be that beautiful. they'd make any girl feel fabulous before clothes or make up are even on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rachel is a lovely person, and I find her favorites to be fabulous! I completely agree about French Sole, as well as a few other things mentioned :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always look forward to this series (: I love lots of the same stuff as her...J. Crew, Lonny, Rue, New York City and The Devil Wears Prada!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover