Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Stuff Series **La Dolce Vita**

BLOGGER has been driving me crazy, sorry for the spaces and the bizarre layout... what a nightmare!!!
***************
Who is here today? Paloma; yes the one and only Paloma from La Dolce Vita. I must admit that I have always wanted to have Paloma here sharing her My Stuff and I couldn't be more excited today. Her blog has been an inspiration for many of us, and many of us started our own blog thanks to (and because of) Paloma. Her style is impeccable, and so is reflected in her blog posts, her interviews, her home and her life in general. Thanks Paloma!!
Clothes
Jeans: J. Crew High-Heel Flare are my favorite, but they were discontinued about a year after they came out. Luckily, I bought several pairs in various washes and I take extra good care of them.
Watch: I’ve been wearing a fun, big gold watch from one of my favorite boutiques, á bientôt, for a few months now.
Day dress: Truthfully, I am not a big dress person. I am very feminine, but I prefer pants to dresses. I think a well-fitting black sheath and a nice shirt dress that you can dress up or down are essentially to everyone’s wardrobe.
Evening Dress: You can never go wrong with the perfect Little, black dress! I have a few black cocktail optionsthat I love. In a fantasy world, I would love to wear a gorgeous Valentino or Armani gown.
Shoes: I am a wedge girl! They are the perfect combination of style and comfort and are perfect for summer.
Home
Inspiration: Blogs and Magazines…there are so many amazing ideas out there!
Favorite Art: I love to hang vintage maps and personal photographs from our travels in our house.However, Picasso, Rothko, and Dégas are some of my favorite artists.
Bedding: Crisp, White sheets
Stationery: I am addicted to stationery! There are some beautiful options out there. Iomoi has some fabulous designs. My personal favorites right now are some gorgeous letterpress notecards that Amy Dragoo of ABCD Design created for me and some fabulous cards that Hanna Nation of GADABOUT designed for me.
Coffee table books: This is another thing I am majorly addicted to! I have so many and keep adding to my collection on a regular basis. A few of my favorites are Inspired Styles, Domino: The Book of Decorating, andDowntown Chic by Bob and Cortney Novogratz
Flowers: Pink Peonies and White Hydrangeas
Beauty
Perfume: Stella by Stella McCartney
Moisturizer: A Perfect World by Origins
Mascara: Right now, I am using Cover Girl’s Last Blast Length and I really like it.
Shampoo: Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner
Soap: Savon de Marseille and Olivina have the most amazing scents!
Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: The wonderful Little details that one discovers while traveling. It’s the small things that you carry in your heart long after your vacation is over.
Favorite Place in the World: There are several cities that I love, but Barcelona is my current favorite with London coming in at a close second.
Style Icons: Fashionwise, Gwyneth Paltrow, Olivia Palermo and Sarah Jessica Parker have the most fabulous style. In terms of design, Lázaro Rosa Violán, Angie Hranowsky, Melissa Warner, and David Jiménez are all amazing!
Favorite Designer: I love everything Carolina Herrera does: classic, gorgeous, feminine. I also love Diane von Furstenberg designs clothes that are equally feminine, but a bit more modern and wearable on a day to day basis.
Favorite Movie: I never seem to get tired of The Devil Wears Prada or Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I love Woody Allen’s sense of humor. Annie Hall is another favorite. If you haven’t seen 2 Days in Paris, you must. It’s absolutely hilarious!

23 comments:

  1. Ashley Hasty said...
    That dress in what Paloma wears is gorgeous! I may be drooling a little.

    http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream in Valentino too and totally agree with her favorite designers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love paloma! great feature (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cheetah wedges in 'Poloma wears' and I have been meaning to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona! Her blog is so great..this is a wonderful post!!

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart the Domino book of decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the evening dress in the top photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another winning My Stuff post...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh i love those last two outfits that she is inspired by!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I love those Alexander Wang wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this! I'm addicted to coffee table books too- and I have Domino on mine right now! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are just the best combinations. You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just got the Domino book- finally!- it was on my book list for a while... :) Nice picks, Paloma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Paloma, and seriously LOVE those wedges!

    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous list of course! Love Paloma :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that wedding dress (or evening dress?) is GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those leopard wedges are SO my speed! p.s. I hope our pics are loading for today! Not sure what the issue was. : (

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just adoring absolutely EVERYTHING in her "home" section!

    xo,
    dCc

    ReplyDelete
  18. love paloma and your my stuff series! this makes me want to go shopping..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover