Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Stuff Series **Hello Splendor**

When I discovered Beth's blog, Hello, splendor,  it was a big day. Why? she is an incredible decorator, check her design blog to see it by yourself. She is incredible sweet, oh yes I'm telling you. Everything she features is incredibly close to everything I love, which makes me love her a bit more. She is a beautiful mom. Her husband is a talented photographer. Aaaaand she loves Twilight! Need I say more? oh yes, she makes really really cute necklaces! I have one and I know it for sure :)



Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: Pinterest! I love posting links and saving inspiration boards for future blogs. 
Favorite Place in the World: I had my honeymoon in Kauai, Hawaii. It’s my happy place.
Style Icons: For the dreamer in me... Lady Gaga. Love her fearlessness. But, for the realist in me, right now, I'm loving Blake Lively. 
Favorite Designer: I'm currently digging on Elizabeth and James.
Favorite Movie: Labyrinth.

Clothes
Jeans: Morgan Skinny Jean from Delia’s. They’re inexpensive, fit me great, have an extra long inseam for my long legs! I have them in every color!
Underwear: Gap Body Hipsters. No panty lines, ladies!
Watch: my iphone4! I just don’t wear a watch… never have!
Day dress and day bag: I usually sport a short patterned spaghetti strap dress and my Don Carney Tote.
Evening Dress: My black & white ikat 7 For All Mankind dress that I got on Gilt Groupe for a steal!
Shoes: You’ll catch me in my Chuck Taylors most of the time!


Home
Inspiration: I'm a big fan of design blogs for quick inspiration... desire to inspirecoco+kelleydecor demon... to name a few.
Favorite Art: I have some original art, but my favorite pieces are a quirky series of greeting cards I had shadow box framed.
Bedding: Sferra bedspread and custom skull pillows I had made. Always white sheets! 
Stationery: Bell'Invito Letterpress & Rifle Paper Co. - Totally different in style, but I like Rifle for my personal correspondence since it's more casual and I use Bell'Invito for my more formal client correspondence. Love both for different reasons! 
Coffee table books: David LaChapelle series 
Flowers: succulents! I have a brown thumb.


Beauty
Shampoo: Pureology
Soap: Cor - The Silver Soap - it's incredible! 


Thank you Beth!

44 comments:

  1. happy to see beth on here! she is pretty cool, i guess. :)

    too bad she crushes on bowie in labrynth... and i though edward cullen was bad. :)

    have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth sounds like a very chic girl...I'm off to check out her blog!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beth too! Shes so fun, and so real, not to mention ridiculously talented! I love her choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great feature..love that dress... sleek!

    hope ya have a great night..
    taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan and follower of Beth! She's awesome! I love the movie Labyrinth too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 7 for all mankind dress is lovely⁄

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Diary of Lovely! Love everything, hello splendor! These are always interesting .. a little insight into the things we'd never know! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post love! Heading over to Hello, Splendor now :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I love seeing what other bloggers like, thanks for sharing! *Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely lady! Thanks for sharing!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy these posts... That pillow is so fabulous!

    XO
    Carly

    All this is Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, I love Beth's list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So with you on the iPhone4 - isn't it fantastic?! Great list, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these features so much, Helena! I love finding out about new bloggers and I always see something that I must have! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Beth & her list! I'm so right there with you on Pintrest, Lady Gaga & Kauai! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beth is so lovely...I adore this post:)...I am in such a Lady Gaga vibe righ now:)
    Kisses,sweetie
    Wish you both a great day

    Ps: I am hosting a sweet jewelry GIVEAWAY today :) Hope you will join in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh Helena leave it to you to find other blogger I can follow along with. Love Beth's list and can't wait to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Hello, Splendor! Fun to see her faves, great post!

    Lulu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the intro! Gonna check her out right now! WEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool! Love your blog, first time here! I love Hello Splendor as well, so wonderful to learn more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing about Beth! I love her Hell, Splendor blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry....... HellO, Splendor blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. fun read -- i love her blog!

    xoxo, cassie

    ReplyDelete
  24. my kind of gal!

    love to you both!

    p.s. i have a little surprise for both of you on the blog today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i always knew beth was cool! i love her blog and can't wait to read it every day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. great feature!! i love hello, splendor and beth is ultra sweet! it was fun to see all that inspires her.

    happy wednesday, helena!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is my first time at your blog. I am officially obsessed with it just based on these posts! Can't wait to read more and catch up.

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love hearing about a fellow blogger who shops on Gilt Groupe! Do you do Rent the Runway too? I'm obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great inspirational photos. I also love my skinny jeans. Too bad you didn't post a great flat shoe to go with some! I'm on the lookout!
    xoxo
    lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this!!! It's always fun to get a little peek into the lives of bloggers!...especially one I check daily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love Beth and all her favorites, fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cool blog, I just started following
    http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing post! love your blog, I am coming back for sure...
    xoxo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for introducing me to her blog! I loved reading her responses and now need to check out the Gap Body Hipsters! Kauai is my happy place too...I wonder if we've passed each other while on vacay and not even realized it?

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great idea! Love being a sticky-beak into Beth's life! Thanks x
    I'm a closet Bowie fan too. Shhhhhh.....

    ReplyDelete
  36. I adore Hello Splendor!! Her blog is always full of inspiration for me. Such great items on her list - love, love that pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so fun!!! Thanks for sharing Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love Beth's blog. I'm glad I know more about her now! I love all these My Stuff posts...so fun (:

    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  39. I truly enjoyed reading about Beth! I have not yet visited her blog, but certainly will. I have an adoration for white sheets as well -- there's something so fresh and pure about them :)

    thank you*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover