Wednesday, September 08, 2010

My Stuff series **Emily A. Clark**

Emily is one talented lady. Her style and taste when decorating is impeccable and her sweetness incomparable. Her home is the most perfect example of what she can do when it comes to interiors, you have to check her work here,  beautiful! I'm really happy the beautiful Emily of the homonymous blog Emily A. Clark is sharing today her My Stuff because just as her blog it's full of special details. 
Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: Diet Dr. Pepper. Really. It’s my coffee and I drink entirely too much of it.
Favorite Place in the World: Home, of course. While I love a trip to the beach now and then, I’m a homebody for the most part.
Style Icons:  Anyone who does classic, with a modern twist—Anne Hathaway, Katie Holmes, Cameron Diaz
Favorite Designer: For interiors, Mary McDonald and Nate Berkus
Favorite Movie:  The Blind Side (my new favorite)

Clothes
Jeans: I’m so not a name-brand kind of girl. My currrent favorites are Macy’s store brand.
Underwear: Ummm. . . . anything comfortable!
Watch:  I have a simple silver Relic now.  I like casual and classic.
Day dress and day bag:  My typical outfit during the week consists of jeans and tees or tanks (I’m a stay-at-home mom; my clothes take alot of abuse!) I love my oversized sized Aldo tote.
Evening Dress: I like anything girly and love to wear dresses.  Ruffles are a good thing.  I take inspiration from places like Anthropologie and J. Crew but usually do most of my shopping at Forever 21 or TJMaxx.
Shoes: I live in flats of flip flops.  Still love my Rainbows.


Home
Inspiration:  Definitely design blogs; there are some super creative people out there that have never been published in magazines but have incredible homes.
Favorite Art:  Anything by my kids.  It’s always colorful, imaginative and usually abstract J
Bedding: I like a mix and don’t necessarily go for high-end.  Mine currently consists of a duvet from Vera Wang’s line for Kohl’s and a down comforter from JCPenney.
Stationery: Crane
Coffee table books: Anything decorating related. Domino is my favorite.
Flowers: Orchids make any space more elegant.


Beauty
Perfume: Philosophy’s Amazing Grace
Moisturizer: Oil of Olay
Mascara: L’Oreal Voluminous
Shampoo:  Whatever’s on sale. . .not picky about this, just happy if I find the time to actually wash my hair J
Soap: Cetaphil
Thanks Emily!!!

36 comments:

  1. I love all the dresses Emily chose! What great taste. And in movies - LOVE Blind Side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Emily has excellent style!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love this series and Emily is one talented lady! I need to get myself on this feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check her blog!! Hope your week is going great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see Emily over here!! I loved "the Blind Side"... and I have seen it 3 times already :)

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. So humble. Will def have to check out her blog. Appears we have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Philosophy's "Grace" smells amazing-- it's my favorite :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how Emily dresses! Off to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She seems way down to earth. Thanks for the interview and insight on Emily A. Clark.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily truly does have magnificent style! Not to mention, she is a DIY goddess! She is so down to earth, and reading her my stuff was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great feature..love all the photos. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Emily and her design work! Her choices say a lot about her!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Blind Side is an excellent choice, Emily. Love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Blind Side is such a great inspirational movie! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post..the bedroom looks amazing! simple but filled with little details!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, just shows you what a beautiful person Emily is inside and out! *Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. good pics, emily!!! thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing post & Emily is laid back but high style...I'm a Cetaphil fanatic too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love her love for comfort and I'm all about Cetaphil too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of Emily's picks--I am such an Oil of Olay, Amazing Grace and Domino girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful interview with Emily! I also love that mascara. One of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list! I'm a huge Philosophy fan and I also love L'Oreal Voluminous. And ruffles & orchids are a big yes as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Emily is fabulous...and so are these picks! I love the My Stuff series:D

    ReplyDelete
  24. She has such a great style...That is such a great series,sweetie

    Kisses and hugs

    ps: I am hosting a really cute GIVEAWAY, so please join in:) ...I bet you will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Helena, Thanks so much for your kind words and for including me in this series. And, thanks to all the commenters. I was seriously worried I was too boring to participate so thanks for the reassurance :)

    Linking from my blog, now--it's been long day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful post and Emily certainly has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved reading this post! She is so amazing!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun post! Emily is so talented, and it's fun to see her favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a great list - yes for Cetaphil!! It's one of my staples :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Emily has great style,....i love visiting her blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great interview Emily!! How fun! Blind Side is one of my husband's and my favorite movies - so inspirational - just like your designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great interview for a great girl with great style!

    xoxo, cassie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover