Monday, August 16, 2010

Guest Post: Luxe and Lillies **Finds under $50**

Hello, I'm Keely from luxe + lillies, and I am so excited to be here for the lovely Helena (whom I absolutely adore! ) today. When Helena sent to post topics... my mind went aflutter with how many different ways you can make the very most out of everyday, with just $50...


lucite tray: dabney lee / quartz bookends: eduardo garza / candle: seda france / stool: lonny mag / bedding: serena + lily / paper: paper anniversary co.

Since my blog is mostly a design blog, I thought I would share these everyday decor ideas first. I'm simply in love with Dabney Lee's fun and fresh patterns all enclosed in lucite. This tray would be absolute perfection for atop your desk, or  for serving up a summer BBQ! I think quirky things in a home are what it makes yours... these gold plated, quartz bookends, sweet little stools, a uniquely scented candle, and some cute cards to write your friends notes on are some of my favorites. Lastly... crisp white bedding and fresh flowers, absolute musts for me!
pants: urban outfitters / tanktop: nordstroms / cardigan+outfit far right: j.crew / shoes: h&m / bag:gap / bracelet: asos
I don't work in a corporate environment, and love being ultimately comfortable, but stylish enough for consultations and installations. My current obsession is grey wash skinny jeans ( or any skinny jeans for that matter) with a simple neutral tanktop, a poppy sweater and great accessories that will make a statement and take you into a night!  If you want to throw in a sequin skirt... all the better!


swimsuit: target /moroccan oil / alba sunscreen + burt's bees: target  / facecream + mascara: kiehl's / tote: restoration hardware

The city I live in is known as, "The City of Lakes" so, needless to say, there is a lot of time spent around the water. Suprisingly to me, my 2 Target swimsuits have been my absolute mainstays throughout the summer... they fit great and colorful and under $20! While books, magazines, or other beauty products are important items to carry to the beach, skin care is the ultimate importance to me! I have very long, thick curly hair, and moroccan oil is a miracle worker to say the least... invest! I always wear a facial suncreen, this alba skincare lotion is about $7, organic, and smells delightful! Burt's bees keeps your lips nice and soft, while Kiehl's Cryste Marine products keep your skin hydrated and tight. The mascara is soft and luscious. Lastly, the basic Restoration Hardware fits EVERYTHING.. and is washable... love!

Lastly... I love a light cocktail, and St. Germain elderflower liquer is my go to... you can add it to so many different light liquors for that perfect hint of sweet - my choice is champagne. Add a splash of club soda, drop in a few raspberries, and delight in something soooo yummy!

19 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful post...Its all about looking good and being comfy! I love those flats:)

    Happy Monday, ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list ~ I love lucite trays too!!

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun post - in love with all the picks for everyday wear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quartz bookends are making me crazy. i love them!

    your cocktail sounds right up my alley... :) I think we may need to have happy hour if that's what you can come up with. just let me know when/where. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome pics!! I really want to try that cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cocktail looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many fantastic picks -- can't believe they're all under $50!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. those bookends are delish, I could so use a pair of them in my house

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous lists Keely! I agree with them all. You're making me want to run right back to the beach and enjoy the rest of the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool post, Veuve is on my fave drink list as well! Happy Summer! *Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fabulous affordable finds! those quartz bookends are lovely* xx,jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun post! I'm loving that bedding and I've got those leopard flats and love them - they go with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous post Keely! I love all of your fab and affordable finds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! You picked so many great things all for under $50! I have been looking for a reasonably priced lucite tray for our desk and I think this one by Dabney Lee would be perfect! I also keep wanting to try Morrocan Oil...I have really thick hair too. I think I need to go out tomorrow and buy a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely guest post... loving the lucite trays. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome post, I always love to read what you post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover