Friday, August 06, 2010

Guest Post: Lou, Boos and shoes **Summer Escape**

Hello, I am Louise from Lou, Boos and Shoes and Helena has very kindly asked me to guest-post here at A Diary of Lovely whilst she is taking a well-earned break.

There is nothing like summer holidays; sandy toes, that beach-hot feeling on your skin, chilled beers, a sun-kissed face. I am a sun lover - always have been. Of course I slather on the SPF, but there is still nothing like that feeling, late in the day, when the warm wind picks up a bit and the sun is no longer burning hot. When your thoughts turn from the pages of the book you're devouring to where you might go that evening, what you might eat; easy-come, easy-go.

Every year on my summer holiday pilgrimage, I leave the English country-garden summer and head for somewhere hot and beachy, a sun-baked place with white-washed walls, peppered with restaurants that come alive after dark on balmy evenings.


These three items are a must in my suitcase. The perfect bikini. I am old-school about this; string bikinis are my fave, this one from Jack Wills.


The perfect summery, easy evening dress...this one from Jigsaw.


A summery scent like Diptyque's 'Eau de Lierre', reminiscent of ivy freshness...

Happy summer sun...!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree--that dress is amazing. So beachy and summery and I think I'd feel happy wearing it no matter what else was going on around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that first picture is so pretty - I want to be there! Love your picks - so perfectly summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that white dress is beautiful!
    have a lovely day, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bikini is absolutely charming!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow another diptyque fan. I've been using Oyedo for a year and LOVE IT.

    Dena x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helena! How are things? Wanted to say hi, catching up on blog reading :) miss you!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I wouldn't give to be in that little alley right now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how i could use a vacation in that spot, w/ that bikini and w/ that dress! :) have a great weekend helena!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh,your blog is very nice .I really like it ^^!



    ..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥.
    ♥..♥  ╔══╦══╗╔╦══╗  ♥..♥
    ♥..♥  ╚═╗║╔╗║║║╔╗║  ♥..♥
    ♥..♥  ╔═╝║║║║║║║║║  ♥..♥
    ♥..♥  ║╔═╣║║║║║║║║  ♥..♥
    ♥..♥  ║╚═╣╚╝║║║╚╝║  ♥..♥
    ♥..♥  ╚══╩══╝╚╩══╝  ♥..♥
    ♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥♥..♥


    ----------------------------------
    Welcome to my websites : In there where have a lot of wallpapers, themes for desktop , for mobile and themes for media ^^!
    http://9wallpapers.blogspot.com
    http://theme4desktop.blogspot.com
    http://theme4cellphone.blogspot.com
    http://theme4media.blogspot.com
    http://wallpaper4cellphone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lines of that white dress are phenomenal.

    Love, love, love Diptyque! What a great reminder that I really need more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover