Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guest Post: Design Darling **Finds under $50**

Thank you to Helena for having me here today! I hope you are having a lovely vacay. I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and here are a few of my favorite fashion finds under $50 (now that's a mouthful!)...

How darling are these knotted earrings? They would certainly perk up my day-in-and-day-out summer ponytail.
I've been secretly cheering the return of vintage sunglass silhouettes to brands like Alexander Wang and Ray Ban. As usual, Etsy serves up the real deal for less!

Knot it around your neck, turn it into a top, or frame it for your bedroom — whatever you do, do not miss this treasure trove of vintage scarves!
{The Lucky Fish Vintage Vera Neumann Lipstick Scarf, $42}

Lacking both the discipline and the figure for ballet, I hold out hope that I can at least look the part with the help of dreamy separates like this tulle-sleeved top.
{Urban Outfitters Pins and Needles Blouse, on sale for $39.99}

I love the demure shape of this gold piece from Nicole Richie's jewelry collection. And aren't horseshoes supposed to bring good luck?
{House of Harlow 1960 Horseshoe Bangle, $48}

I bought a fabulous Kenneth Jay Lane cocktail ring off of eBay last year and it's now one of my favorite possessions. I think it's high time to add another turquoise piece to my slightly pathetic jewelry collection — wouldn't this beauty be a pretty, if not practical, choice?
{Skinny Style Turquoise Finger Candy, $45}

Tell me I'm not the only one obsessed with Emma Pillsbury's wardrobe on Glee! I know she's into brighter colors but I prefer baby steps — how's this adorable olive skirt for starters?
{Forever 21 Bow Adorned Skirt, $16}

My friends tease me for my love of navy but I think it's a less harsh alternative to black and a more flattering neutral on my fair skin than tan or white. Needless to say, these inexpensive pumps would be a very versatile addition to my [imaginary] shoe closet.
{Lulu*s Navy Suede Pumps, $34}

Thank you again, Helena!


  1. Ohh... I love the cateye glasses... so chic!

  2. I must have the glasses and the skirt...shall head to F21 tomorrow!

  3. Great list! And great style too!

  4. Nice picks- love the Urban top and horseshoe bangle!

  5. Hi Mackenzie ~ great to see you here!! I love those knot earrings and the sunglasses - I can't pull off oversized sunglasses so these I love!! xo

  6. those earrings are just darling. and i want those pumps! :)

    <3, Mimi

  7. ah those shades and the skirt are dreamy. hum.

  8. Those knot earrings and that turquoise ring are GORGEOUS!
    xo Josie

  9. the skirt: LOVE the ballet top from Urban: MUST HAVE!
    Love your roundup!

  10. I love those earrings and the ring!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

  11. Perfect picks by Mackenzie - I think you would look fab in those navy heels.

  12. i need those shoes in my life!!!

  13. Fabulous post! Great job, Mackenzie! I love navy, too, so preppy chic, and that bangle is really hip! Who would have though?! XO!

  14. me han encantado los pendientes y también el anillo con piedritas turquesas. Un besito Helena!

  15. Thank you everyone for the kind words! So happy you like my picks. Thanks Helena! XOXO

  16. Those earrings are so gorgeous!


  17. Great finds! Especially love the scarf and bracelet.

  18. i need that skirt and those shoes!!! gorgeous!


  19. LOVE the Vera scarf and navy heels - great list!

  20. What great picks! I especially like the turquoise ring...I am going to go check it out now!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover