Thursday, August 05, 2010

Guest Post: BonBon Rose Girls **Summer must haves**

Hello lovelies, it's Kristin from BonBon Rose Girls. How lucky am I to be guest posting on this beautiful blog? I can't believe that Helena entrusted her baby to me. I'm going to do my best to do our girl right with my Summer must haves list!

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but here in Florida...Summer is BRUTAL! It's H-O-T and there are a few items that I just can't make it through the season without.

1. Sunscreen: No matter where we in the world we live, we ALL should be rockin' sunscreen. I buy a huge bottle of Water Babies and lather my lil' dude and myself up before we go out into that searing sun that bears down on us for so many months outta the year.


2. Sundresses: I find dresses to be much SO cooler than shorts...More air circulation if you know what I'm saying. HA! One of my favorite online shops, Ruche, has a gorgeous selection!


3. Flip Flops: I can't live without my flops. What can I say? I'm a Florida girl through and through...and though I have so many pairs of flip flops, I can't even begin to count them, my Havaianas are definitely my babies!


4. Lip Gloss: I like to keep my makeup minimal, especially during the day when it's at risk of being sweat off...but I never leave the house without some gloss. Chanel Glossimer is worth its weight in gold IMO!


5. Chick Lit: I live about a half an hour from the beach, so as you can imagine, I spend quite a bit of time there in the Summer. Seeing as I'm a big old wuss and don't really go out in the ocean, I bone up on my chick lit while my hubs frolics in the surf with our son.


Now it's your turn my pretties...What do ya'll need to make it through the Summer?

17 comments:

  1. I agree summer dresses are the way to go... and yes I "know what you're saying" haha!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin,sweetie...I love that post and that dress is soooo cute:) I heart Ruche :)

    Kisses and hugs

    Ps: I am having a really great GIVEAWAY today…hint?(something you can wear) so please join in !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUST have flip flops..how could you not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunblock and sun dresses for sure! Love Kristin and Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post Kristin! I love sundresses in the summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! I am so enjoying these guest posts! I love dresses, too, for summer, that's mostly what I wear, and I looove Ruche! Amazing! You did a fabulous job! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sitting on a towel with my Neutrogena sunscreen next to me, wearing a sundress and reading a Sophie Kinsella book. My perfect day. Lovely, Kristin!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um these are PERFECT picks, could not have said it better myself. I love Kristin and I love the BonBon Rose Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the chanel gloss in that color is a great choice

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's add Frizz Ease in place of the flip flops

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving sundresses right now! I can't go without my sunblock chap stick! This is a MUST HAVE when I'm in the sun. Of course flip flops are a year round thing in Baton Rouge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post! I think I've had my interest in that book piqued once before. I need to make sure I add it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WORD Carma. Or you could just give up like me and let it go wavy. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES for sunscreen!! I need like spf 300 I swear!! after that, it's all about sundresses and flip flops - we must be twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just bought that book, but I haven't started it yet. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover