Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Stuff Series **From the Right Bank**

Ally is... From the Right Bank :) and as she says, she likes rearranging furniture. She is a globe trotter, lived in Paris, Seattle and now Atlanta. We have all admired her Seattle home at Design Sponge (among others) so we know she has it... and when she blogs, she talks business, and when I mean business, I mean great design business and great style. Ally has style and you will see it on her My Stuff. Plus she is a sweetheart, really! (and she loves traveling!)

Inspirations
Favorite Discovery:Every new country I visit.
Favorite Place in the World: Paris, New York and my house
Style Icons: Vivienne Westwood and Sonia Rykiel
Favorite Designer:I can’t name just one!
Dries Van Noten
Martin Margiela
Alber Elbaz
Consuelo Castiglioni
Ann Demeulemeester . . .
Favorite Movie: The Red Balloon


Clothes
Jeans: Citizens for Humanity
Underwear: No one brand
Watch: Cartier Tank Francaise
Day dress and day bag: Uniqlo. An oversized canvas bag I bought from a woman selling her own designs at a street stall in Seoul.
Evening Dress: Marni
Evening Shoes: Balenciaga

Home
Inspiration: my travels
Favorite Art: pair of 19th century Dutch oil paintings
Bedding: Sferra
Stationery: Crane’s
Coffee table books:
Leonardo da Vinci, Frank Zollner
Henri Cartier-Bresson, a Retrospective
Los Alamos, William Eggleston
Cy Twombly, Richard Leeman
plus many, many more!
Flowers: white peonies


Beauty
Perfume: Creed, Silver Mountain Water
Moisturizer: Canyon Ranch, "Restore"
Mascara: shu uemura 
Shampoo: Hamadi, Ginger Soymilk
Soap: Kiss My Face, Olive Oil

Thank you Ally!!

39 comments:

  1. I love that her travels inspire her home life. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post!

    mp
    http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, love the pics with the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love the stationery with the matching envelopes. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really an inspirations... nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great taste she has. You can tell she is a seasoned traveler who has acquired very sophisticated taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - I always like these little montages, clever you. And the Cartier tank...the perfect watch - Ally must have excellent taste! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of her travel touches - from her bag to the oil paintings. Lovely post!

    Enter to win an Oufi London leather handbag! (Retail value: $140)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire those who are fond of travel. As I am too. How charming her responses are, too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!! I love that your house is one of your favorite places!! I looked at it on Design Sponge, I can see why!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I think travels really do inspire you more than anything else! A girl with style! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A girl after my own heart. I love it :)

    Happy Wednesday, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some killer taste, that is for sure!! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that post:) She has a great taste:)
    Kisses, darling

    ps: I am hosting a great GIVEAWAY, so please join in:) ...I bet you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so much fun getting to know you a little more ally! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ally has such a wonderful blog. This is a great post! Love reading more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love seeing how people live... vivienne westwood! huge fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Ally's blog! So fun to learn about her favorite clothes and beauty tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I came across your blog through Ally, it's fresh and original. Love the My Stuff series :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I looove this series so much, Ally has such fab style!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for all the lovely comments, everyone!

    And thank you, Helena, for inviting me to be part of this series and for finding all the photos and creating the collages! You do such a good job of putting these posts together and that's what makes it such a great series! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute cute cute! Love it!

    (I just sent in mine last night)

    xo - jami
    i m a g i n e

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome stuff - I'm glad you get your women's clothing from UNIQLO, I love that store!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love Uniqlo- I try to go everytime I am in NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. {hi from california} this is such a lovely interview with beautiful collage & images^__^ great work! interestingly, i just blogged about uniqlo yesterday^__^ {btw, let me know if you are interested in exchanging link/button with my humble site. i blog about asian related fashion/syle. if not, that's totally ok} cheers, gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohhh a new fabulous blogger, thank you Helena! This series is so fabulous for the above mentioned reasons. This girlie sounds so put together in a simple yet totally wicked way! Can't wait to check her blog out :) Hope you are doing fabulous gorgeous!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT INSPIRATIONS!!!

    LOVE CREED PARFUMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. like i always say... love these!! Ally is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I use Hamadi products too, they are amazing. Loved finding out more about Ally, thanks Helena x

    ReplyDelete
  30. ally has great taste. i adore her blog. :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i love her blog... always full of great images and places you want to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for hosting her - what a fun post! Ally is fantastic. Fabulous style, well traveled and just a wonderful person.

    oxo Mon

    P.S Love the background on the daily canvas bag. And I must try the shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  33. great meeting ally - amazing style and stories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So fantastic taking a peek at all of Ally's fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the interesting details.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is incredible because I think that there is nothing better that going to a trip and taking advantage of all those things, thanks for all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover