Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Outfit (and gazpacho recipe)

This weekend has been pure relax, so needed and so welcomed. We had some friends over on Friday, Saturday was all about relaxing and Sunday about making gazpacho. Have you tried it? I used to hate it (as I didn't like tomatoes) but decided to try it he other day and now I'm obsessed. I spent a good part of Sunday peeling and chopping what could be a small vegetable garden, but was sooo worth it! and of course we took some photos for my Monday outfit post. 



Dress: Chantal, my colleague bought it for herself at a market, and I bought it off her
Belt: Zara
Necklace: Whistles
Sandals: Zara, old


And a recipe!
Gazpacho in a bottle

In case someone wants to try to make gazpacho (vegetable cold soup) here is the recipe I use.
Ingredients:
- Yesterday's bread and croutons
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 2/3 slices of yesterday's bread
- 1 onion (its heart mainly)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (optional, but it's nice for the kick)
- Balsamic vinagre, salt, pepper and some olive oil

How to:
- Put 3 slices of bread in a bowl with water and let it soak
- Peel the peppers (annoying but really worth it) and chop them 
- Peel the cucumber and chop
- Chop the tomatoes (no need to peel them really)
- Chop onion and garlic
- Put all the vegetables in a large bowl and add the wet bread and some water, add salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic (I do everything by eye, but maybe 2 Tbp of olive oil and 4 of vinagre will do?)
- Blend everything until creamy. I use our Braun Multiquick (a hand held mixer)

Serve cold. Which means put it in the fridge for... 4 hours? It can be eaten straight away but it's yummier really cold. Add some croutons or toasted bread. 


and Bon Appetit xoxo

34 comments:

  1. SO glad you had a good weekend!!

    and that soup looks pretty much amazing. i love vegetable soup. especially pureed! thanks for the recipe!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like a doll in your floral dress!! And that belt looks great with it!

    Yummy yummy gazpacho! I must make this soon :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics of you ~ love the belt with that dress and of course your big smile! Hmmm.... always looking for new recipes ~ thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are putting me in a gazpacho mood! Love your dress too dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i just love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty pics and I love your belt! So glad you're having such an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE gazpacho. YUMMY! :) AND... that dress is gorje.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty floral dress, I would have wanted it too!
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your supe-cute dress! Looks like you are having glorious summer weather; I hope you are enjoying every minute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom used to make something similar to gazpacho when I was little! I remember it being delicious. And, love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable! I love that dress.

    I've never tried gazpacho as I've also got a thing with tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so chic -- LOVE that belt!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ugh- the weather looks so amazing and warm there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfecto - a lovely summer outfit! Gaspacho is divine! Glad you had a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dress is gorgeous! A really summery outfit! Am going to have to try that Gaspacho!

    Have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. El vestido es delicioso, pero lo que mas me gusta es cómo lo llevas.
    Gracias por sonreirnos cada semana con tus preciosos looks :D

    Besossss

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look like summer itself. All happy and floral. Thanks for the Gazpacho recipe!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love gazpacho in summertime:)
    Glad you had a great weekend, sweetie and that dress is so pretty:) Kisses and enjoy your Monday. Hope its sunny:)
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your dress, so pretty! We're definitely in need of warm soups here at the moment though! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gazpacho in a bottle! Never seen it like that, but it looks kind of perfect! Will have to test out your recipe. Hope your week is off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the belt, you look adorable (as always!).

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, you look so cute Helena!! i loved your dress.. fabulous..

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is such an adorable dress. It really looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi darling, I love monday's outfit, my favourite post of the week as we get to see YOU:) what a gorgeous dress. the belt goes perfect with it.

    Dena xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look beautiful sweetie! Just gorgeous. And that dress is adorable! I would have bought if off of someone too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. niceee!!my two loves in one post!food and fashion!!

    http://fashionablylonely.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. you look beautiful and bright as usual and this recipe sounds so interesting - never had it but you got me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  28. rock it pretty girl! Glad to see you can wear such a summery outfit. Must mean it was great weather:-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. you are so darn cute!
    thanks for the recipe... I'll add it to my summer file & attempt it in the next few weeks. sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover