Thursday, June 17, 2010

Succulent love

Today it's "succulent" day. I have always loved succulents, we always had them at home, we even had a big one as tall as myself. In barcelona there's even a succulent park, with huge cactuses. There are so many types and are so easy to take care of that it is worth giving them a go. Did you see that Carrie had a gorgeous arrangement on her coffee table? Loved it! 
One of the first blogs I came across before I even started mine has yes, please.  Kelly is an event planner, cupcake maker and succulent+flower designer. Kelly's wedding was succulent inspired, you might have seen it, if not, I'll post about it a bit later.  
These are some of the gorgeous creations. I'm not sure they ship outside the US so I can't wait to recreate my own soon. 


Oh! I have opened a twitter account, some of you might not but most of you not. So if you want to tweet along with me follow me here, you will make me very happy! I was an anti twitter but then I missed nateday and was bummed so Twitter it is. Im loving it so far (im still learning so sorry if it takes me 20+ hours to tweet back) and cant wait to get to know you all better! Thanks! xoxo

25 comments:

  1. I want one in a glass bowl, so cute!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Yes Please is one of my favorite blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. anthropologie has a really beautiful one here

    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/popups/popup_zoomviewer.jsp?productid=974339&color=023&viewCode=b

    thought you might like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my love, these are gorgeous! Guess what? I have the MOST PERFECT photo for you - going to email it to you right now! xoxo Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo love the one with the orange wrapped around it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that word succulent...and these creations are gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. those little cactuses are so cute!
    that's really neat how they house them in those glass globes ;)

    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love succulents! ooh yes let's be Twitter buddies! I'm @cncliving! Dawn and I have Twitter conversations all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All such fabulous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I wonder if one would be safe in my hands? I have even killed cactuses. I am going now to follow u on twitter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Succulents are absolutely stunning! I love these pretty photos. And I will most def be reading your Twitter, my dear!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should check out Fine Stationery's flickr site - they had a wedding mood board recently where the bride carried a succulent arrangement for her bouquet - it was amazingly gorgeous, and SO original!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i had no idea these were called succulents! i love them too, i would love to have one on my (future) crafting table hehe!! YAY for joining twitter, you will have tons of followers in no time, and it's a GREAT way to promote stuff! i'm heading over to follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a first timer to your blog and love it!! I had no idea you could use succulents as a household plant. See, I'm learning new things from visiting your blog already :) Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. succulents are my utter fav!!!

    best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. another great thing about succulents? They're super hard to kill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those...The first one would look great on my coffee table:)
    Kisses sweetie:)
    Happy Thursday:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. que bonitoS TODOS!!! ME GUSTAN!! UN BESITO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Also a big fan of succulents! Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like these! I never knew what they were called.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love succulents, great post. And I do like them paired with billy balls but I'm also curious what other flowers would look good with them. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh they're all so pretty! I LOVE them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I lo.o.o.ve succulents... they are such clean little plants... I have a bunch outside... great ideas to bring them indoors :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just recently bought a succulent without even knowing what it was, then blogged about it and solved the mystery. I'm so delighted to see lots and lots of cute succulents here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover