Saturday, June 05, 2010

Ree's mushroom bundles

I recently bought the Pioneer Woman's cooking book. I love her, I really really love Ree Drumond, she is probably one of the most talented and successful bloggers out there and an inspiration for many. have you seen her home? So when I got the book I really wanted to make something, we had lunch planned so I wanted a starter or desert. Starter it was when I found these mushrooms bundles. I'm going to be honest, YOU HAVE to make them, these are delicious!! Easy? mmm... so so, expect a messy kitchen, but trust me these are gorgeous (not mine hence the no photo + they didn't last that long either). And you know why I chose them? I love phyllo pastry, get the real deal, the greek one, I got a french copy and it wasn't what I expected. In Greece, we have tiropitakia, little feta bundles. have you tried them? If not, you must (too) :) Hope your weekend is fab so far, I'm visiting the Grace Kelly exhibition on Saturday, i'll let you know xoxo


  1. Yum! Looks delish! It's always fun when I have to take out the phyllo! :)

    Have a great time at the museum and definitely let us know how it is.


  2. love her too and i've been meaning to purchase her cookbook myself. she was in my area about a month back. a book signing tour i believe but i already had a previous engagement so i missed her. : ( have fun tomorrow!

  3. I've been meaning to get her cookbook forever!

  4. Those look so yummy! I love phyllo dough too! xo

  5. I've never heard of her! Thanks for the intro, I'm off to check it all out.

    It's funny you mentioned The Godfather, because my brother's name is Michele (Michael in English). And we were named after our grandparents not the movie! lol

    Hope you're having an amazing weekend. xo

  6. Oh my goodness; these look positively DELICIOUS. I'm definitely going to check her out!
    xxoo Josie

  7. Oh, heavens! I'll give it a try! They look divine...

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week and saying hello! You have a new follower.

  8. How wonderful! I need to go check out her cookbook, I have not been to her blog in so long...but that all looks so yummy!

  9. Everything looks so delicious - so divine!
    Enjoy the museum and do report back;-)

  10. We love mushrooms so this is a great one for us!
    It really sounds yummy... I have probably 20 different cook books (I love making dessert, especially traditional French cuisine)...This one will be on my must buy list...I am already thinking about making those cuties!
    Kisses sweetie!
    Ps: The post above is so great...I know that part of London :) That park looks very lovely
    Have a great weekend :)
    It’s beautiful here too :)

  11. i love ree's recipes, they are all soo yummy! and you can never go wrong with phyllo dough, must try this out soon, i actually JUST bought mushrooms too!

  12. I discovered her blog and the story of her life some months ago. Did you know that Reese Witherspoon will act as her in a film?
    This recipe must be delicious, have you taste the spanakopita? is my favourite greek meal and very easy to cook too ;)


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover