Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Stuff Series **Starfish and Sundresses**

Stylish? check
Fashion forward? check
Super cool home? check
Smart? check check
Lindsay blogs at Starfish & Sundresses and she gives us all daily gorgeous ideas, inspiration and eye candy. You definitely have to visit her, I never ever miss a post! 

Favorite Discovery: Roadside antique malls. I've been traveling a lot lately and have found the best souvenirs from these hidden gems.
Favorite Place in the World: I'm happy anywhere there's a beach. Nantucket, Antigua, and Virgin Gorda are favorites.
Style Icons: You can never go wrong with Audrey, Jackie, and Grace but I count Jenna Lyons and Tory Burch among my modern day muses. These ladies have definitely reinterpreted the classics!
Favorite Designer: Tibi. Can't get enough of their colorful dresses!
Favorite Movie: The Thomas Crown Affair.

Jeans: Citizens of Humanity.
Underwear: Hanky Panky almost exclusively.
Watch: My parents gave me this gold Michele watch for graduation. It's honestly one of the best gifts I've ever received. I wear it every day.
Day dress and day bag: Diane Von Furstenberg is my go-to for work appropriate day dresses. They're classics so I know I'll have them forever. My day bag is usually a Longchamp. I'm saving up for this Rebecca Minkoff Nikki though, I'm obsessed!
Evening Dress: I'd kill for this vintage Chanel dress...
Shoes: I'd love to say Christian Louboutin but in reality you're more likely to catch me in Jack Rogers.
Inspiration: Blogs are one of my biggest sources of inspiration. I'm always filing away images and adding new links to my favorites that I've found through blogging. Travel, magazines (print and online-love Lonny!), fashion, art, classic films and Kate Spade provide endless inspiration.
Favorite Art: Someday I hope to own one of Amanda Stone Talley's abstacts.
Bedding: Matouk. I'm obsessed with Lulu DK. Thankfully there's an outlet near my house!
Stationary: Gadabout, Lobird and Kate Spade.

Perfume: Michael Kors Very Hollywood
Moisturizer: Kiehls Creme de Corps
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous--I swear by this!
Shampoo: Frederick Fekkai products do wonders for my thick wavy hair.
Soap: Pure&Natural Grapefruit and Pomegranate Body Wash--smells delicious!
Thank you Lindsay!!


  1. Lindsay sounds fantastic and I love Kiehls Creme de Corps too...Such a great product...I am off to check her blog...I cant wait:)
    Kisses sweetie and have a great night:)

  2. i love these interviews you do. i wish i was as stylish as these girls. someday.

    such great ideas though!

  3. Awesome! LOVE Lindsay...and you too Helena, for doing this amazing series! xo

  4. I like any girl that likes Nantucket ~ that's my favorite place! I am going to check out her blog. You find the best bloggers. xo

  5. Love all of the inspiration. I want it all:)

    Great feature Helena!

    xo Cat

  6. love this. she has one of my fav blogs!

  7. Ooh Roadside Antique malls and vintage Chanel - love it!

  8. Love all of the interviews you do and finding a common thread. I have to visit this blog!


  9. On my way! Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go shopping!

    Love your blog! You have so many inspiring images. Looks like I will be hanging out here often!


  10. I am thrilled to find you via Starfish and Sundresses.

  11. Lindsay and Helena great posting, so lovely to find you together. Lindsay gave me great styling advice when I had to pack for Paris! Wishing both my blogger sisters a wonderful day xoxo

  12. I enjoyed this question/answer interview. I saw the same questions in a French magazine last wee.... Am off to visit Lindsay's blog. You have a fabulous day, Helena!;-)

  13. Hi - I really like how you have done these inspiration collages - I am a new follower so maybe there are more? Very cool. Anyway - will pop over to Lindsay's blog :-) Lou x

  14. Loved reading about Lindsay's inspirations - her blog rocks. Thanks for posting, Helena.

  15. I am so excited to have just found your blog, I love it. New follower! I will have to check out Lindsay's blog as well :)

    xo Lynzy

  16. I know Amanda Talley and it is fantastic to see her work recognized!

  17. Lovely interview as usual, sweetie. I'm going to go check her out now. Hope you're having a wonderful week! :)

  18. I LOVE my Longchamp. it's the only bag that shows like NO dirt, and if it does, so easy to it's a great way to add a pop of color to my otherwise grey and navy wardrobe!

  19. so nice to get to know you lindsay! Fun choices! I agree with you on all your beauty picks!

  20. There is a woman with fantastic taste. I've been following her and loving each and every one of her posts.

  21. great feature! what fabulous inspiration and sources* xx, Jane

  22. Yup as usual a fantastic feature. I love this, and she sounds like she has fabulous taste!! Thanks Helena. Hope your day is going lovely! XO

  23. What a great list of stuff! I love Nantucket, my Jack Rogers and just about everything else here!

  24. Great list but I wouldn't have expected anything less from Starfishes and Sundresses. I like most of her fashion picks.

  25. Helena, thank you so much for putting this together. It looks amazing! I'm so graphic design challenged ha! Thank you to all your lovely readers too for their sweet comments, can't wait to check out some new blogs! xx

  26. I love this series, Helena! How sweet of you to feature fabulous bloggers! I love Lindsay's blog, this is a great list!

  27. What lovely selections...these posts always make me want to buy what everyone loves!

  28. So fun! I followed the link from her website to this and am totally in love! Definitely following!

  29. Loving your blog! I'm a follower now too! I'm so glad that you love my painting! Now, we'll just have to get you one. Also adding you to my blogroll. So fun!

  30. Lovely! Thank you for introducing a new-to-me blogger... can't wait to check out her blog and see more :)


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover