Wednesday, June 02, 2010

My Stuff Series **Lavender & Lilies**

 Lavender & Lilies is a "no matter what's going on" obligate daily stop. Jessica has always the best finds, the cutest little beauties and some really interesting features.
Jessica has great style, an attorney by day, a style maven by night? yes! If you haven't already pop over and take a look, you will be happy you did.  

Favorite Discovery: Blogging. I love the world and people I discovered when I started blogging.  It's such a great community to be a part of.  
Favorite Place in the World: The South Carolina Coast.  There something about driving across a long bridge to get to a distant island.  Life is just slower there.  
Style Icons: Jenna Lyons, Creative Director of J.Crew
Favorite Movie: Little Miss Sunshine. It still makes me laugh every time.  

Day dress and day bag: For the bag, I love the Kate Spade Stevie in any pattern or color.  If I am at work, I love the wrap dress from Banana Republic.  For a casual dress, I love J.Crew's knit dresses.  They are super cute and comfortable.
Evening Dress:  I am a big fan of the basic black dress.  They work for every occasion.  
Shoes: I love flats from pretty much anywhere.  I am lusting over some French Sole flats right now but my current favorites are from Ann Taylor.
Favorite Art: Jackson Pollock has always intrigued me.  I love the immensity of Peter Paul Rubens work and the violence of Artemisia Gentileschi.  I also love photography.  
Bedding: I love Eileen Fisher's bedding through Garnet Hill. It's gorgeous.  
Stationery: I love the basic stationery line from Kate's Paperie because I can mix and match the colors. 
Coffee table books: A Photographer's Life by Annie Leibovitz
Flowers: Peonies, Hydrangeas and Orange Roses
Perfume: Very Hollywood by Michael Kors and Coco Chanel Mademoiselle 
Moisturizer: I am actually experimenting with moisturizers right now but for a drug store find, I like Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer.  I also love Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Face Cream.   
Mascara: Kiehl's Mineral Mascara
Shampoo: Aveda Rosemary Mint
Soap: I love the Lychee Loofah Soaps from Sabon.  They smell amazing.  I also love Sabon's Salt Scrubs.  

Jessica, thank you so very much, I adore your My Stuff and your gorgeous blog!!


  1. I think Jessica is just fantastic. I hope she never stops blogging.

  2. I love the post! It is so great. You are wonderful!

  3. I am an equal fan of the Banana wrap dress - so versatile!


    All this is Grace and Charm

  4. I love it when you do these posts!

    :) Marcie

  5. Another great post. I adore wrap dresses and wear Mademoiselle Coco!


  6. Such a fun post. Love some of her suggestions and am totally excited to try others. This is the second time I've heard good things about that GH bedding this week. And it's only Tuesday!

  7. As a follow up to the moisturizer comment, I love love love Kiehls' Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Moisturizer. I just discovered it!

  8. I love, love, love these posts Helena! Jessica's is so talented, and it is always so fun to read these and learn more about the people behind the blogs you read everyday!

  9. I agree! I think she is fantastic!

  10. I love these and agree about the J. Crew thing. My favorite little black dress is from there. Everything is so classic. I have the catalogue beckoning me now :) xx

  11. okay - love her!! thanks for the into. I might have to wiggle her tomorrow!

  12. I so love these posts, Helena! I love, LOVE learning more about other bloggers -- she's fab!
    xxoo Josie

  13. This is a great post. I love being introduced to new wonderful bloggers. Thanks, doll.

  14. I love your 'My Stuff Series'! Always get introduced to some great blogs! Thank you :) xo

  15. Fab round up! I like Banana Republic, esp. for their fragrances. Their stores are always simply yet strikingly designed, too.

  16. What a lovely interview! :)

  17. Jessica is a girl by my heart!!! Thank you sweetie for this post...Great one!
    Have a sunny day ( I hope)

  18. what a fantastic series. i love such an intimate look into someone's life! i think jessica and i were twins in a past life, *smile*

  19. Great post Helena! I'm heading right over to check her out.

    Hope you're having a great week honey :) xoxo

  20. humm i have a lot in common with her - especailly the "flats" - i've been obsessed with them the last few years! - great interview!

    *kiss kiss*
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

  21. Love her blog, yours is great too! Glad I happened upon both of them.
    The yellow floral headboard is gorgeous.

  22. Great post! Going to check out Jessica's blog now.

  23. Lovely post. I love Little Miss Sunshine too. xo

  24. So... my own "My Stuff" list would have SO MANY of the same things. Particularly: flowers, shoes, A Photographer's Life (which IS on my coffee table), and the Rosemary Mint body wash. Love her blog header also!

  25. Thanks for sending this blog our wAY!

  26. I have never visited Jessica before. Her stuff seems quite intriguing though. I am headed over to investigate.


  27. Hola Helena!Acabo de leer tu comentario, Ari Ruglio? Es muy muy amiga de mi hermano, y en
    consecuencia, mía.
    Conocerás también a Jo Plagnard?
    Está claro que el mundo es un pañuelo.
    Magnífico post, por cierto!
    Un beso

  28. Love her picks! Great style for sure. I came over from Krysten's blog to say...Barcelona pictures please! ;)

  29. very cool post and also love her blog too!!

  30. SO SO SO AWESOME!!! I love your interviews!! they are the greatest!! :)

  31. Jessica has such great style. she exudes simple chic.

  32. you have always beautiful woman with maazing blogs!
    Love that "my Stuff"

  33. Oooh I love that Eileen Fisher comforter! It looks like it was pretty popular. Does anyone know how it did on the actual Eileen Fisher product reviews? I usually base what I buy from her on how those reviews go. They haven't steered me wrong yet.


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover