Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Stuff Series **M loves M**


I have a feeling many of you know Mara from M Loves M, am I right? yes, good! no? well now you will. Mara is one of the loveliest ladies I have met around the blogosphere, I know it sounds like a cliche, but it is true. She is gorgeous, I love her style/outfit posts and I live the californian dream vicariously thru her, thank you Mara ! and now, if you are one of those who don't know Mara, go ahead and check her blog out :)

Inspirations
Favorite Discovery: Blogging! It's become one of my favorite things to do in the world. I love all the wonderful people I've met through this community and I've found it to be a great outlet for creativity.
Favorite Place in the World: I love Lake Tahoe in Northern California. My family spent many beautiful summers there and it just brings back so many wonderful memories!
Style Icons: I think Audrey Hepburn was such a timeless beauty. I also love Rachel Bilson and Sienna Miller's chic, yet laid back style.
Favorite Designer: I die over Phillip Lim and Derek Lam's beautiful collections, as well as Camilla and Marc's. I think Rag and Bone does a great job making versatile clothes with creative proportions. Of course I wish I could afford all my favorite designers clothes! Sigh..maybe one day!
Favorite Movie: I love The Little Mermaid! Arial is such an adventurous and spirited girl and she inspires me. I also love a bunch of romantic comedies like The Notebook, Sweet Home Alabama and the recent Valentine's Day.
Clothes
Jeans: I don't wear jeans too often so I can't justify buying expensive ones. I like Urban's BDG brand jeans though and I used to have a pair of Seven for All Mankind's that I liked.
Underwear: I love Hanky Panky underwear! It has such a cheeky name but I swear they are so pretty and comfortable.
Watch: I'm still loving the oversized gold Michael Kors watches from last summer. They're like bracelets they're so huge!
Day dress and day bag: I love wearing long "maxi" dresses. I don't care that Matthew thinks I look pregnant in them I think they're so comfy and classy! They're perfect for day/night since you can dress them up. During the day I like wearing over the shoulder bags since it's convenient while shopping!
Evening Dress: There is this pink Derek Lam dress that I LOVE! The only thing I don't like is the price tag. $1590? no thanks!
Shoes: I have an obsession with J.Crew ballet flats. They are so pretty and comfortable and I wear them all the time. Recently I've been craving a pair of black Frye Engineer boots. I know they aren't very summery but I really want them!
Home
Inspiration: I've recently started loving all white rooms. I think they're so pretty and classy. One day I want a big, rustic kitchen with exposed brick and wooden tables.
Favorite Art: I've fallen in love with Jessica Swift's work. Especially her How to Become a Mermaid print.
Bedding: I currently have a solid colored duvet cover but I've become more interested in getting a patterned one with cool colors.
Stationery: There's a store near my house called Paper Goose and I love getting new stationary there.
Coffee table books: After going to exhibits I love getting the big book of the artist's work. It's something nice to be able to look at later and share with my friends and family.
Flowers: I love pink peonies. Matthew got them for me for my college graduation and I couldn't get over how gorgeous they are!
Beauty
Perfume: I love Miss Dior Chérie. It has the sweetest floral fragrance. It's described as having "notes of chic, green tangerine, violette, and pink jasmine" that "mingle with soft patchouli, musk, and delectably sweet strawberry leaves and carmelized popcorn for a delicious scent that's truly irresistible."
Moisturizer: I use either the Neutrogena SPF15 moisturizer or Olay Complete with SPF. I need a moisturizer that will protect my skin from the sun, especially living in Los Angeles.
Mascara: L'Oreál Original Voluminous in my new favorite. I've been using it for awhile now because it makes my eyelashes so much longer and it doesn't dry out as quickly as other mascaras do.
Shampoo: I use Garnier Fructis or Pantene ProV. I usually switch it up since apparently it's better for your hair.
Soap: I like Dove but I also use body washes from the Body Shop since they smell so good!
Thanks Helena! This was so much fun! xoxo Mara
Thank YOU Mara, what a pleasure having you here!! Thanks darling xoxo


You can still enter to win a gorgeous necklace by Bride Blu,where? HERE 

49 comments:

  1. i've never met mara before, but now i feel like we could be best friends! i LOVE her sense of style and i could totally use some more maxi dresses! i love that blogging is her favorite thing as it is mine now too - i spend many hours a day on it, but it's soooo fun! i am hopping over to her blog now, thanks helena!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were tall enough to pull off the long dresses and flats. The pink dress sounds fab!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mara :) This post is almost as cute and sweet as she is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adore her~
    she is one of the sweetest bloggers around, great style as well~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I am so glad you featured Mara, I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, two of my favorite bloggers in one place! Love it.

    :) Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely series - Mara is the cutest and I loved reading more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great feature! :-) Love her blog. And yours of course. This is such a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post, she is such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww I love Mara, she's so lovely and so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As if I didn't already think her style was beyond divine. WOW! Such a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is AMAZING; her blog is one of my must-reads -- such a sweetheart!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great stuff... love M!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - really enjoyed this post...some lovely ideas and concepts. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cool! I love her blog..she is such a sweetheart!
    Great post :)
    Kisses and have a great day:)
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww loved reading about Mara's favorite things! She is such a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for introducing me to mara! she sounds like a fabulous blogger and person, with great style and inspiration. xx, jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mara is just about the sweetest girl in blogland! Loved this post.
    BDG jeans are my new fave also! (And for so much less than I used to spend on jeans thank goodness.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Love Mara and her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great post! I love Mara's blog and I'm so glad it brought me to yours!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mara's a sweet lovely girl, with a great sense of style. Great to see her here on this series and knowing more about her take!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, wonderful, Helena, I am off to meet her now! I LOVE these by the way, they're my favorite guest posts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love Mara...and silly Matthew! She looks anything but pregnant in her maxi dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this girl! Fun to read about all her faves too:) Thanks for sharing it all with us Mara!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE everything she picked! Looks great and makes me want to put a little diddy together now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yayay! I'm so glad that you featured Mara. She is truly one of my favorite bloggers in the blogosphere; and so incredibly sweet to boot!

    I had no idea that Sienna Miller and Rachel Bilson were two of her style icons - I love them both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello! I followed Mara over here and I'm now the newest follower! I wish I were half as stylish and fashionable as her!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love Mara's blog. Nice list here!! I love the Dior Miss Cherie ads...I haven't smelled it though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a fabulous list! And so true about maxis. I don't care if I look preggers, they're comfy! :)

    Hope you're having a great Wednesday sweetie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my gosh! I am going to Lake Tahoe in a couple of weeks! I am so excited. And I adore Mara too. She has some serious style.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  31. aww, i loved this interview of mara! she's totally my kind of girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tu blog es una pasada:)
    te invito a que visites el mío
    http://www.misslittleblue.com/
    To see u again;)
    un besazo,mua

    ReplyDelete
  33. adorable posting! Mara has this certain softness all over her personality and style xox

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a pretty post my dear! Love the layouts! Good work :) -jami

    ReplyDelete
  35. I enjoyed learning more about M in this post, what a lovely girl with amazing style and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  36. what a fun little post! love this series. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love her blog, too! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love mara, she is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loving her home inspirations. Those blooms...

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love Mara! What a cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I adore Mara for so so many different reasons!! She is just such a beautiful person :) Great post Helena!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  42. In the recent years, there have been sea changes in the men and women’s outlooks toward grooming and beautification. To look beautiful is important for feeling great and in today’s terms.Cosmetology School

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is such a great post!
    I completely agree with Mara about the Michael Kors watches. I have a silver one that I absolutely love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. This was such a fun feature! Mara is lovely and your blog is so much fun!! Unfortunately, I haven't "visited" it before but I'll definitely be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sienna Miller's chic is the most awesome person I ever meet in my whole life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover