Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Stuff Series **Layers of Meaning**

Maria Fe is a style goddess, her blog Layers of Meaning is a constant source of inspiration, from her Etsy finds to her DIY in her own home, everything is made to perfection. Her chevron wall made with the help of her husband was one of the most impressive DIY I have seen. I absolutely adore the way her posts and photos always look so when Maria Fe send me her photos I was absolutely ecstatic, I have a piece of LOM in my house, fabulous!
Favorite There is nothing like buying a $400+ handbag for a fraction of the price. Plus every time someone you invite to the site makes a purchase you get a $25 credit.
Favorite Place in the World: Costa Rica. I lived there when I was in high school. It's simply paradise!
Style Icons: Lou Dillon, Alexa Chung & Kate Moss.
Favorite Designer: Marc Jacobs, I love designers that have affordable versions of their high end lines. Marc by Marc Jacobs is my favorite.
Favorite Movie: Cinema Paradiso. My dad took me to the movie theatre when it came out.

Jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch, they make the best jeans and their prices are reasonable.
Underwear: Calvin Kline makes the best underwear, Victoria Secret is a close second.
WatchI haven't worn a watch since I was in high school, back then I wore at TAG Heuer.
Day dress and day bag: Simple cotton dresses from Target or F21. My day bag is a cream studded leather bag.
Evening Dress: I haven't worn a "proper" evening dress since my wedding in 2007. I'm more into cocktail dresses than evening dresses.
Shoes: Flats for work but always heels at night.

Inspiration: My main source of inspiration are design/decor blogs & Lonny Magazine.
Favorite Art: My two favorite pieces of art in my home are  framed journal entries of when my husband was 8.
Bedding: I recently ordered some new bedding from the Nate Berkus line for HSN.
Stationery: I'm a graphic artist so I designed my own stationary & thank you cards.
Coffee table books: I love coffee table books, right now my favorite is Lima Peru by Mario TestinoMaybe I'm a little partial to it since I'm Peruvian!
Flowers: Hydrangeas, they were part of my wedding. I love them!

Perfume: Lola by Marc Jacobs
Moisturizer: I use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream with SPF.
Mascara: Benefit BADgal mascara, I have it in black & blue
Shampoo: Frederic Fekkai's Brilliant Glossing Shampoo
Soap: In the shower, I use Bath and Body work products. Their shower gels are my favorite.
Thank you so so much Maria Fe, when you send me these with these gorgeous photo arrangement you made my day, it's so you!! Thanks! 


  1. Great interview! She sounds lovely. Im definitely stopping by her blog now :)

  2. really Lovely!
    Cinema Paradiso is one of my fave movie as well, love the soundtracks!

  3. Oooh I like your new notebook/polaroid look. And great interview!

  4. Love love love Nate Berkus. He makes some fabulous throw pillows for them!

  5. This series is really fun-- I love blogger interviews. I'm also a big fan of Benefit's BadGirl mascara-- I have the blue, too!
    XX fallon

  6. I love this series and she sounds great! What a beautiful forever 21 dress! So cute!
    Well done:)

  7. I will check out her blog! xo

  8. I just love that her favourite art pieces are her husband's journal entries from when he was 8! This series is so great - it's nice to be introduced to new (to me) bloggers and their lovely blogs :)

  9. Wow, my new wish list, lol!

    I saw your comment on the Lovely Clusters site. Thanks so much, you are a total doll.

    Come check out my latest giveaway... :)

  10. great source list of inspiration! she sounds awesome - definitely checking out her blog! xx, jane

  11. I love her blog, and I love this feature, Helena! It's one of my favorites!

  12. Oh I do adore her blog. Her list is wonderful too :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful week! xoxo

  13. several bloggers have also mentioned -- i've been missing out!

    thanks for sharing Maria Fe's lovely blog, Helena. :)

  14. What a fabulous interview!! I wanna do one too Helena!! Let me know if you are ever in need of extra interviewees :) Have a great week lady; I am off to find myself one of those F21 dresses hehe XO

  15. Many beautiful things! Love love love. Also I share love for Kate Moss.

  16. what a fun interview! totally agree with her on the style section. Lived in costa rica for a is paradise!!

  17. The framed journal entries from her husband...sounds so precious!

  18. These are the greatest posts...I need to get some interviews going on my blog as well.


    All this is Grace and Charm

  19. this is SUCH a great interview! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these interviews you do! So fabulous!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover