Sunday, March 28, 2010

Two for the Road

Now, Audrey Hepburn is an idol for many of us we all know that. Her movies are among our favorites, Breakfast at Tiffany, Funny Face, How to steel a Million... But my favorite is probably the first one I watched, when I was just a kid, Two for The Road, a celebration to love. Audrey looks stunning in her 1960's outfits and it's such a wake up movie. Actually I often think about one of their quotes:


Mark Wallace: What kind of people just sit in a restaurant and don't say one word to each other? Joanna Wallace: Married people? 

I think of it as an ode to love, a celebration of imperfection.


Mark Wallace: [Joanna has returned from an affair] Hello. Joanna Wallace: Hello. Mark Wallace: Well? Joanna Wallace: [softly, on the verge of tears] I'm back. Mark Wallace: Enjoy yourself? Joanna Wallace: [nods] Yes, thank you. But I *missed* you.
[
Mark sarcastically rolls his eyes, not believing herJoanna Wallace: But I *did*. Mark Wallace: Why? Joanna Wallace: Because he's so serious. Mark Wallace: I thought you liked people who were serious. Joanna Wallace: But he's *so* serious. Mark Wallace: Well, I'd better make some funny faces... Joanna Wallace: [softly] You don't need to make funny faces.
[
Mark gives no responseJoanna Wallace: Mark, I'm back! Mark Wallace: You humiliated me. You humiliate me... and then you come back. Joanna Wallace: [nods tearfully] That's right. Mark Wallace: Thank God!
[
he hugs her and they tearfully kiss

Quotes from IMBD

15 comments:

  1. Aw, Audrey is the best! Love her style & manner ~ she'll never go out of fashion :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Audreys style, grace and warmth, I have never seen the film, I feel bereft, I must track it down!She is soo magnificant, thanks for making my Sunday! Holding a giveaway over on My Passport to Style, featuring a sweet gold bicycle pendant if your interested? Details bottom of my post! Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, only me again, let me know if you would like to trade buttons with me?Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops going bannanas forgot we have already exchanged buttons, forgive me its been a while since I stopped by my friend. Look forward to seeing you soon!By the way what part of the world are you from? Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, your button is now up! Is it possible to stretch mine so the dimension are square like the others? So the writting is a little more legible? It's just as it has ben shrunk in length(from a oblong button)to line up with other buttons, the font size has been lost and is hard to read. Please don't worry of not.Many thanks. Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one of her movies I have never seen, you have peaked my interest!
    Might just have to rent it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's beautiful! thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey gorgeous, hope you are having a fab weekend. think this is the ONLY Audrey movie I haven't seen. Thanks for reminding me :)) I love Breakfast at Tiffany's no matter how many times I have already watched it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She was such an icon... so much grace and elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! I love Audrey Hepburn (and totally agree with the quote about married life, lol!). I am adding your button, too, have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two for the Road is my favourite Hepburn movie. I love it more than Breakfast at Tiffanys. Its so sweet ad well made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love anything Audrey -- this movie is amazing.
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen this one. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Creo que a Audrey la tenemos siempre muy presente ;)
    No sé qué me pasa con este post, o le falta un trocito o tengo un problema en la pantalla, sólo leo hasta Breakfast después sale la a medio cortada y luego hay un espacio en blanco hasta el comienzo del diálogo... cosas de blogger, te aviso por si acaso.
    Besos y feliz fin de semana aunque no sé si por ahí podrás disfrutar algún día festivo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover