I did some crafting this weekend, I have a bad cough that has kept me inside and doesn't really let me sleep... so I kept myself busy. Some time ago I saw these pretty envelopes over at 100 Layer Cake. They are lined with vintage wallpaper, aren't these gorgeous? and a great idea for a wedding, bridal shower or any other possible event or occasion you can think of.
I didn't have vintage wallpaper... problem... I had a roll of Cath Kidston gift paper! and here is the result.
Great DIY little project, extremely easy, even for me! ha! Here is the how-to.
You will need:
- envelopes and wallpaper, or wrapping paper or any pretty paper really.
- card paper or just plain paper to make the template
- scissors or guillotine, ruler, double sided sticky tape
- Cut a piece of card, narrower than the envelope and shorter (when envelope is open)
- To make your template: place the card inside the envelope and fold the top to fit the inside, does that make sense? in a triangle
- Once your template is ready just use it to cut your pretty paper.
- Stick it with the tape, I only stick the top part, too complicated to stick the inside and it doesn't make a difference.
What do you think? I hope this made sense... xoxo