Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lined Envelopes

I did some crafting this weekend, I have a bad cough that has kept me inside and doesn't really let me sleep... so I kept myself busy. Some time ago I saw these pretty envelopes over at 100 Layer Cake.  They are lined with vintage wallpaper, aren't these gorgeous? and a great idea for a wedding, bridal shower or any other possible event or occasion you can think of. 

I didn't have vintage wallpaper... problem... I had a roll of Cath Kidston gift paper! and here is the result. 

Great DIY little project, extremely easy, even for me! ha! Here is the how-to.
You will need:
- envelopes and wallpaper, or wrapping paper or any pretty paper really.
- card paper or just plain paper to make the template
- scissors or guillotine, ruler, double sided sticky tape

- Cut a piece of card, narrower than the envelope and shorter (when envelope is open) 
- To make your template: place the card inside the envelope and fold the top to fit the inside, does that make sense? in a triangle
- Once your template is ready just use it to cut your pretty paper.
- Stick it with the tape, I only stick the top part, too complicated to stick the inside and it doesn't make a difference.
What do you think? I hope this made sense...  xoxo


  1. I think everyone loves receiving good old-fashioned mail in the post & even more so if the envelope was as gorgeous as these! Such a great idea!

    Love your blog!

  2. Those are gorgeous!! I would love getting a card/invite/anything in such a pretty envelope! Feel better soon!

  3. They are beautiful...I am so making my own. Not sure they will look as gorgeous as yours though. x

  4. It made sense to me...and yours are lovely!

  5. I can't wait to try these! I think I might use some paisley paper.

  6. Helena, yo descubrí este secreto hace algún tiempo y es increíble como se revaloriza un simple sobre! Has hecho un trabajo genial.... contratada! Besos.

  7. These are gorgeous! Good work -- and would be so pretty for any occasion.
    xxoo Josie

  8. These are just beautiful! Yours turned out wonderfully. I have a giveaway over at my blog and I would like to invite you to join :)

  9. these are beautiful. I have always loved lined envelopes and never thought to think you cold make them yourself. very cool.

  10. Good job! Looks cute. :)

  11. These are gorgeous! What a fab idea! Hope you feel better soon. Emma x

  12. Oh I love these Helena! So impressed that you can be so creative while you're sick! Hope you're feeling better :)

  13. Those envelopes look the pattern! xx


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover