Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kate and the tape

Last week I posted about wrapping materials, and among these there were japanese masking tapes, lovely huh? The gorgeous Christina from Full House alerted me about an art installation in the Kate Spade shop in New York made with masking tape. I did a bit of looking here and there and found out that the installation in question has been done by artist Rebecca Ward and it's absolutely stunning. Her work with masking tape is honestly amazing. There was a precedent, the Kate Spade store in Japan at the end of last year. Thanks Christina for letting me know!
I'm so looking forward to get my Japanese tapes and start crafting! 

Images: Kate Spade 

18 comments:

  1. oh wow that is awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing -- very, very cool. I love the colors!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy!! But I love it. There is something over at my blog for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wanna go nuts with some tape. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such coolness. i wish i could have visited that store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I never would have imagined to do something like that. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que viva el color y la creatividad!!

    Me encanta :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buen bueno el fin de semana voy a salir con todos los rollos de cinta aislante en plan pulseras a ver que pasa...jaja, lo que pasa que las que yo tengo en casa son muy feas no son tan fashion como esa fucsia.
    Un beso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. qué divertido! un concepto totalmente diferente, genial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Very cool!

    Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool! Love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mad but amazing. love the bags.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. when I first saw this I was amazed... that's all tape?? amazing because it's different!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helena! Thank you so much for your visit and kind comment. Italian men (not all of them...) are really hot!! Will be back soon to have a tour on your lovely blog...

    Wish you a good week!!
    xx Zaira

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so awesome!!! I wish I could go to the store to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! How cool is that?!?! Oh and good luck with the contest. Maybe your luck with change this time. Crossing fingers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover