Monday, March 15, 2010

Beautiful Grace

I'm really excited about an upcoming exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The Grace Kelly: Style Icon Exhibition. It will debut on the 17th of April until the end of September, so if you happen to be in London and you like Grace Kelly you should definitely visit, plus if you haven't been to the V&A it's a good excuse. 
The exhibition will include over 50 outfits, from both her time in Hollywood and her time as Princess of Monaco. it will include dresses, like the ones designed  for films like Rear Window and High Society and also the dress she wore at the Oscars in 1955. Also Hermes bags, Chanel suits and a Mondrian dress designed by Yves Saint Laurent. Unmissable. 
Here are some of the pieces on display. 

Images: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here

13 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! I wish I could go. I love Grace Kelly and Rear Window is one of my all time favorite movies :)

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belleza, dulzura y clase.
    Audrey Hepburn y Grace Kelly son LA BELLEZA!!!

    Feliz semana Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. I'm only like a half hour away from the V&A, so will definitely give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I wish I could see that. Her style is iconic, and the V&A - I could live there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Grace Kelly! Wish I could see it. You'll have to visit and let us know all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Helena!!!Grace..preciosa!!!!!!!!!!!
    Feliz semana a ti tb!!!ya va quedando menos para las vacaciones de semana santa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. qué guapísima era Grace Kelly y qué elegancia...
    Por cierto, que ayer vi una zona de Londres en la tele que no conocía y que me pareció muy alegre, era la calle Neals Yard, me acordé de tí jeje aunque igual no te gusta esa zona, no sé si será muy turística o no.
    Y lo de Julene ya me gustaría que fuese una obra de Julene, pero no, lo ví aquí en tu blog y me encantó, la frase, el dibujo y todo, pero como ahora el bolsillo está muy mal hasta que me lo pueda comprar me lo he dibujado yo misma, pero me encantaría tener el original de Julene porque además me gusta la técnica que ha empleado y eso si que no lo puedo hacer yo.
    Un beso y feliz semana a tí también!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Helena
    I came here via sweet-as-a-candy and am so glad I did!Your blog is indeed lovely .. Thanks for the preview of this show, the images are gorgeous; I'll be in London in 6 weeks and will not miss it!
    Cheers, Flaviana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Preciosa y elegante mujer. Besos. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  10. so jealous that you'll be able to see the exhibit! have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not fair! I would LOVE to see this exhibit and just miss it!

    p.s. Oooh perhaps we can take in another exhibit or tea somewhere in London!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos -- "Rear Window" is one of my favorite films. She always looks so classy and fabulous. Wish I could see the exhibit!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover