Wednesday, February 03, 2010

My Stuff series **Sogni e Sorrisi**

On the My Stuff  today I have the pleasure to present the oh so sweet Connie from Sogni e Sorrisi. She has a great quote on her blog and I guess it sums everything she blogs about, fashion, home decor, pretty little things and we both want the Chanel 2.55 (ok who doesn't? but still) I like her!

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
Enjoy! I certainly enjoy Connie's blog every single day!

Favorite DiscoveryMy greatest recent discoveries are blogging and OPI Axxium Gel Nails.
Favorite Place in the World: Europe - namely Italy, Spain and Greece.
Style Icons: I admire anyone who pulls off effortless chic, so that's anyone from Jackie O and Coco Chanel to, lately, Leigh Lezark, Olivia Palermo, and Miroslava Duma.
Favorite Designer: Impossible to choose just one.  Chanel, de la Renta, Zac Posen, many designers and collections I just love.
Favorite MovieAlso impossible to narrow it down, although my favourite movie when I was younger was Coming to America.

JeansI have all kinds of jeans and some I'm not even sure of the labels or where they've come from, don't much care either as long as they fit properly!  I do have a few trusty pairs of Sevens that are great and a pair of Divine Rights that I'm liking right now.
Underwear: La Senza, mostly.
WatchDon't wear watches.
Day dress and day bag: I prefer a feminine silhouette for day, a dress with more of a flirty, A-line skirt, or separates.  My everyday bag is always something big that I can lug around my entire life in - like a camel coloured Bulga that has treated me well for the past few years. 
I wouldn't mind having one of these either!:  Coco by Alexander Wang, a Valentino or Stella McCartney's Falabella tote.  
Evening DressLBD - I have one in a great jersey material that holds up great when travelling, too.  Great because a simple dress is easily jazzed up with some great accessories.
ShoesI prefer flats for day (Tory Burch Revas are my fave - so comfy).  I prefer something higher and more sparkly for night.
InspirationI always get inspiration from rooms with Hollywood Regency and Moorish influenced styles.  I love designers like Mary McDonald and Steven Gambrel among others.
Favorite Art: My favourite art hanging on my wall is a piece I bought in Barcelona.  In general I find myself most drawn to Renaissance-era art (both Italian and Dutch). 
Bedding: My set right now is one that was gifted to us for our wedding.  Not sure of the provenance.
Stationery: Don't use it much, but I do have a box of note cards from Crane's.
Coffee table books: I did buy the Tom Ford book and our wedding album (done in a coffee table style).
Flowers: Peonies and orchids.

PerfumeFlower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf, Gauthier, and Bright Crystal by Versace (my husband prefers the latter).
MoisturizerI'm not faithful to one brand.
Mascara: I change this around, too.  Right now I'm using L'Oreal, I think
Shampoo: I like Kerastase but, again, I'm all over the place and trying new things all the time.
Soap: Whatever is on hand - usually Dove bodywash.  I like Fruits & Passions for hand soap (in both bathroom and kitchen).
Thank you Connie!!
Images: Opi, Fashion Life, Style,  Mary McDonald, Whole Blossoms


  1. Yay I love Connie too! We share a lot of the same faves! Hope you keep this up Helena. I look forward to your series every Wed :)

  2. Great post. I am curious about those gel nails and I love Revas too!

  3. Thanks for the lovely link!
    Have a nice day,

  4. Thanks so much for asking me to participate Helena!!

  5. I enjoy Connie's blog as well!


  6. Loved all of this :) I adore Sogni and Sorrisi :)


  7. I love Mary Mc!!! Her modern vibe is great! fun post!

  8. I've never read her blog before! Thank you for the fun feature and the new discovery!

  9. Love this post! I love her style and vibe! xoxo

  10. Thanks for the recipe idea! Cant wait to try it out!

  11. I love Europe too...and Tory Burch Revas ;)


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover