Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Stuff series **Pretty Little Things by Dena**

You can find Dena at Pretty Little Things by Dena, she is not only adorable (like truly adorable) but also has great taste and shares some great fashion finds. I am very excited with her list, we share some favorites! She has travelled the world, loves flats (Dena the ballerina) and heels :) Has Persian roots, was born in Sweden and has lived in Moscow and London, well... it doesn't get any more exciting! And she is a true sweetheart, her comments alway make my day. Please welcome this stylish lady  and pop over to say hi :) Thank you Dena! Love, love!

Favorite Discovery: Vintage Paris and Laser hair removal. I really recommend this since I had amazing results on my bikini line, lower-legs and underarms. No more shaving or waxing. 
Favorite Place in the World: Well I got two favorite places is that allowed? (OF COURSE!)
1. Stockholm because it's home. Its where I go to for peace and calm, for the amazing nature and landscape
2.Moscow- the magical city that never sleeps, where anything is possible and nothing is wrong. So dangerous but yet so exciting.
Style Icons: Coco Chanel, she will always remain the ultimate style icon. Most of my favorite outfits are inspired by her. Kate Hudson- I love her relaxed style and she always goes for amazing accessories.  
Favorite Designer: Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney.
Favorite Movie: So many, no one could possibly have one favorite movie?! I really like Elegy, Il postino, Coco Avant Chanel...

Jeans: 7 For All Mankind
Underwear: Myla
Watch: Calvin Klein
Day dress and day bag: Sisley or Zara   bag: Whistles or Luella
Evening Dress: Reiss
Shoes: I love my ballerina's in every color. Flats are great for the day but it has to be high heels for the evening. 

Inspiration: I go with what makes me good and comfortable in my own home. I love anything from the Danish Bloomingville. I look at their site for hours, getting inspired.
Favorite Art: we have some amazing paintings by my boyfriends good friend who is an amazing artist. Also you can find framed photos all over the flat esp black and white ones of our parents as young. 
Bedding: so important in creating calm and comfort. I like pale romantic colors and lots of pillows :)
Stationery: I got a beautiful big box filled with stationery. I love making b-day cards as its more personal.
Coffee table books: Lots of magazines like Glamour and Marie Claire. The book I am currently reading by Sanna Sjöswärd called My mother is a Persian princess. I have read it twice now since I'm hoping to be able to make a tv-report on Sanna and her story. Also a few of boyfriends books on Middle East, Politics etc.
Flowers: We always have roses in mixed colors in the living room. Makes me smile every time I want into the room.
Perfume: Coco Chanel and Oyedo by Diptyque.
Moisturizer: For the face I use Lancome's Promordiale line during the day. For the night I like something richer to soothe and comfort the skin while I'm asleep and Philosophy's When Hope is not enough replenishing cream is perfect for that. During the winter I also use almond facial oil from Weleda. For the body I use Kiehls.
Mascara: Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Faux Cils.
Shampoo: Aveda rosemary mint shampoo.
Soap: Rosewater hand wash from Crabtree & Evelyn.

Gorgeous Dena, Thank you darling!!  xx


  1. Wonderful interview! I love Kate Hudson's California chic style too!

  2. she sounds lovely! definitely heading over to check out her blog.
    My Life in Style

  3. I must check out this blogger, she has really great taste, boo hoo, so want to visit Moscow! Sharon xxx

  4. Me encanta esta sección tuya de las entrevistas.
    Con todos esos enlaces por descubrir, hmmm...
    Cuanta inspiración!

    Besos preciosa

  5. Ooh that picture of Moscow really puts that city on my list. J'adore Chanel and Kate Hudson!

  6. Helena my darling, thank you so much for this. I really love My stuff series and delighted that you chose me as one of the bloggers to do a pieace on.

    Love Dena

  7. Fabulous taste~
    Coco is certainly a style icon!
    Gorgeous post!

  8. Oh my gosh, what a fantastic interview! She sounds great!

  9. So lovely- def going to check out her blog now :)

  10. I'd never thought of Moscow as a dream city but now that I'm thinking about it you are probably right. I actually love traveling check this out on my blog

  11. What a great interview! I just discovered Myla, and am in love!! Going to check out her blog now! Thanks for sharing! :)

  12. Great interview. I'll take a look at her blog now.

  13. Thank you for introducing us to a new blogger! going to go take a visit now :)

  14. So lovely and fantastic interview...

  15. I love the Dena! Shes a fabulous blogger. I loved reading this.

  16. Thanks for introducing us! She sounds great! Gonna head over now to check her out :)

  17. Great interview! I love ballet flats as well. Off to check out her blog!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover