Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mrs. Tependris

Somedays I like the work of Konstantin Kakanias, more precisely his illustrations of Mrs. Tependris. Ok a little background... His work is a tad bizarre, he claims he has something like double personality so his art is a result of that... I do like though Mrs. Tependris who is a rich, shallow, egocentric character that made Kakanias kind of semi-famous.
I first saw his work at Vassilis Zoulias shoe shop in Athens,  I noticed a framed sketch of Mrs. tependris shoping at the greek shop. Kakanias also painted a full suite of the King George II Palace hotel in Athens that also has breathtaking views over the Parthenon. 

Oh, he is also behind the DVF story with wonderwoman, remember?

Images: here, here, here


  1. Never seen any of this before - very interesting!

  2. I always like learning about new things - very cool!

  3. Hey! I randomly found your blog and I'm loving it :)

  4. Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!
    I am adding you so I can come back & read more!
    Please stop by!

  5. So much talent...thanks for sharing these with us!


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover