Saturday, January 16, 2010

The trench

What's more classic, stylish and less likely to be out of fashion for... like ever? I think the trench is THE piece to splurge on (together with some handbags and shoes - just joking). The Burberry is a classic sure but other fashion houses make some nice versions too. I saw this first picture below in the newest Vanity Fair and it made me realise how much I would want a nice fitting one. The origin is dubious, both  Burberry and Aquascutum claim they invented it... to me it doesn't really matter, actually who cares? Just bring me one looking as nice as any of the ones below. (btw these ladies here, seem to be Twitter geniuses, not into Twitter so don't know much, but if you are interested you can read all about it here.)





Burberry classics, I love the first 2 as they would eventually be with me for a very long time, and the shorter version is, I think, for me, a bit more comfortable. And I love how rock n' roll the leather version is.


This Miu Miu version is updated and stylish and the Marc Jacobs printed is fun, probably not for me but would add a kick in any wardrobe. 
HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND; I'm having a lazy one, and kind of loving it!
Images: Vanity Fair, Net-a-Porter

7 comments:

  1. That is totally without a doubt a good staple coat to splurge on. I just recently purchased a similar coat at H&M for $60. So very cute, not that I needed it, but the fact that I can wear it for like ever was why I purchased it!

    Loving the Burberry ones though...mine is black, I could use a natural....Just sayin!

    xo- Thanks for stopping by Mi Vida Bonita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burberry really do amazing trenches. I would love to buy one one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love Burberry. Off to read some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trench coat is definitely a great wardrobe investment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey beautiful, you deserved it :) hope you are having a nice weekend. Looking forward to your my stuff series.

    regarding trenches. I got a new one from InWear but I like a Burberry one.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need a trench. haven't had one in years. i always wanted a burberry but i have to say i'm really liking the Miu Miu one :)

    hope you're enjoying your weekend and good luck on Monday! what's the new job? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a well fitting trench - such a versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover