Monday, January 04, 2010

To Swap or not to swap?

I watched The Holiday recently and it made me think... so the story is about two young women swapping houses (and lives somehow) during a holiday and I'm wondering... Would I swap my apartment in London for someone's else? I know many people do it, I know there are countless of websites offering this service and I know some people even rent their houses/flats while they go on holidays... Would I do it? I'm not sure to be honest, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable having strangers in my house while I'm not there... Would you? Have you ever done it? 
Thinking of it, I might swap for Cameron Diaz's house in LA or Kate Winslet's pretty as a button Cotswold cottage... or any of these other beauties! maybe... but would they take my apartment as part of the deal? Mmmm... not sure, but I can still dream or think about it...





5 comments:

  1. wow, great idea, I would love to do that...Lovely post and amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would SO swap for the one with the pool! But just like you, I'm pretty sure no one would want to stay in my apartment. Beautiful house with pool vs. tiny studio apartment. Hmm...I wonder which would win?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this film on ITV2 last night :) I would feel nervous having someone stay in my home knowing they might look through private things. But maybe if it was someone I knew (and trusted) then it would be different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think that i'd be comfortable with a stranger staying in my apartment while i'm away and i'm not sure that i have anything valuable to trade other than the fact that my apt is in nyc. lol.

    i would, however, stay in someone elses amazing house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could ever do it but its nice to dream...especially about a house with a pool like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover