Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Slow Readers Book Club

One of my favorite bloggers, Down and Out Chic , had a fascinating post yesterday. You might have seen it there or around the Blogosphere somewhere else. It's about a Book Club, not a traditional one, but one inspired by the Slow Movement.
It's about reading more but also enjoying it more, not necessarily reading slowly but fully enjoying it. The idea came from Gabbi and Diana, and many bloggers have also joined. The first book to read is Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls. The idea is for all the members to read it (you have 2 months) and on the 4th of March to post a review on your blog. If you want to enjoy this super experience go here or here.  These super ladies have even made super sweet buttons to use here that you should link back to your post about the club (which I have by the way NO idea as to how to do it and I'll be grateful if someone nice enough guides me).


  1. So great to have you on board dear Lovely!!! Can't wait to read your review... ♥

  2. Slow Readers Book Club absolutely brilliant.

    Thank you for sharing. Great blog :)

  3. Thank you Gabbi, I'm so happy to have joined the club!
    Souljane, I really hope you join all of us! I'm sure it's going to be a great experience! xx


Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover