Thursday, January 21, 2010

The sea, the sun, the bikini!

It's freezing cold here, probably in the minus, and the summer isn't anywhere close... no, I know that... But the shops have spring clothes and I wonder... what are the trends? I love the H&M garden collection, pales and ruffles but what I love more in the summer is swimwear. When I was younger, and had months of holidays, I went all crazy buying bikinis, now I buy one a year, maximum two, and usually simple ones. Last year I bought my first "cheeky" one from Calzedonia, and you want my honest verdict? I loved it, I felt so uncomfortable at the beginning, but then I also felt so free that I thought, hey why not?
Here's a selection of some of my favorites for next summer. What kind of swimsuit you enjoy most? One piece, bikini? Brazilian? American (as I hear they call the fullest one? - I wonder what the european is :P).


** Oh my! Was the "cheeky" information, too much information? If so, Sorry!!! Sometimes I just can't stop babbling**







Have a great weekend!
Images: Anthropologie, VS, J.Crew 

13 comments:

  1. Calzedonia...they have the cutest bikinis:) Your choices in these pics are so pretty too! Just makes me want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the mint green one and the last one with the stripes! oh man, i better force myself to go back to yoga asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could do the cheeky ones! i don't think i have the body though. lol. i like bikinis. string ones so i can adjust how they sit on the body. can't wait for summer! oh actually i'm going to st. thomas for a little vacation next wed so i guess i don't have to wait that long afterall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute suits! And when I was playing volleyball on the beach and was more fit, I would wear a bikini, but not now - eek! I need to get back in shape before I do that again. So for now, it's a one-piece. Hope you are having a good week (visiting from SITS).

    - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow and polka dotty one. I like my bikini's as tiny as possible so my tan lines gets minimal :)) too much info again haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those from Anthro are really cool... they have a retro feel to them... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so gorgeous. I've got some work to do if I want to wear a bikini this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! I've been checking out the swimsuits too! somethings in the air :) I love the back on that first one. And I love the cheeky bottoms - very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok i totally have to have that pink one with the awesome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cute...I was too busy staring at their beach bodies though, wedding inspiration :-)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muy buena propuesta de bikinis Helena..creo que los dos últimos son perfectos!!habrá que empezar a ponerse en forma para el verano (aunque aún nos queda..)
    Feliz fin de semana!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so cute! I love stripes and pois!
    Thank you for entered my giveaway.
    Good luck and have a wonderful weekend!
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these! I want a new bikini for when I go to FL in Feb now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover