Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Nanny Diaries

I think it was yesterday or the day before when I was switching channels and caught a quick glimpse of The  Nanny Diaries , I didn't watch it all (was again on TV not that long ago) but did remember that the house in the film had some interesting touches and off I went to find some New year inspiration. There's a fantastic kitchen, large, white with an amazing island in the middle, and such a graceful elevator entrance (I've never seen one so I'm really liking it) with a cheerful yellow patterned wallpaper. The table is a vintage library table found in poor condition and then transformed by the set decorator and topped with faux marble. Voila! A great DIY moment!
While the house in general is not really my cup of tea some details are eye catching and very very interesting indeed. And it's such a sweet movie anyway. Have you watched it? 




PS: First post of the year! Happy New Year lovely people! I don't do NY's resolutions anymore and just take everything as it comes and nothing for granted, I'm just hoping for health and happiness for my loved ones and myself and a good job ;) well let's see! And of course, lots of happiness comes through this blog for me, so thank you all for this amazing contribution! xxx All the best!




8 comments:

  1. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Wishing all the best with your 2010 blogging goals. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you find those photos?! So cool. I would like to trade the kitchen and entryway for THAT CLOSET. Purrr.

    Happy SITS share day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, I like all those pics!

    Happy New Year,
    and
    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest
    from Cairo, Egypt! :)

    http://BLOGitse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Especially love that kitchen!
    Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! I might have to check out this film :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated New Year! Stopping by from SITS! I love the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes i love that movie! these pix are great. can i have that closet please??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't see much past that closet...SWOON!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover