Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mad Men (and beautiful dresses)

I've been hearing a lot about Mad Men but never actually sat to watch it. And now I know why. It's on tv at 12am, I usually retreat around that time to my beloved bed. Anyway, I half watched it so I can't really say I liked it or not or what the plot is about, what I did see though was an orange beautiful cocktail dress that a blonde girl was showing, a show stopper like many 50's dresses! When I was a bit younger I was obsessed with ebay and through this obsession I also got obsessed with 50's dresses, and Mad Men made think about it. So I went and looked about their stylist and all of that. It's Janie Bryant and she will publish a book. 
I love these curvy women honestly! they look so good (so healthy and sexy and so... WOMEN!) and I want that pencil necklace!






Images: Instyle

6 comments:

  1. mad men is so addictive! like you,i didn't get into all the fuss right away, but now i can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so out of the loop when it comes to pop culture TV shows, and Mad Men is no different. I'd LIKE to get into it, but the time slot is also prohibitive for me (Brazil). I DO think I could get into the costume and set design, fo sho!
    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm. I keep seeing the commercials but havent had a chance to check it out yet!

    LOVE the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mad Men is a great show with great style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, that's funny, i referenced man men in my post today too. i love that show. you should start netflixing it...i'm behind too..only in the second season. christina hendricks' style on the show is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm!!no he visto nunca Mad Men...pero desde luego los vestidos son geniales...me quedo con el primero!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover