Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Cheesecake Brownie

My mom is here with us these days and it's her nameday tomorrow so we decided to bake something yummy, my lovely BF is coming back tomorrow too so we thought it was a good way to "celebrate" both! I was planning to make a carrot cake following the recipe I used for my carrot cupcakes but then i remembered that this morning one of my favorites food bloggers had just posted an amazing recipe for a cheesecake brownie. Ana at Delicias y Tentaciones makes incredible food honestly, it's all in spanish (if you see anything you like and can't make sense of it please shout, I'll be delighted to quickly translate anything). I love brownies, and my mom is a big big chocolate fan (she loves a similar one that a friend's mom makes) so we thought we should try it ourselves and pray for the result. And oh my, the result is just GORGEOUS, a beauty, it's amazingly tasty and so good to look at! the recipe is from the newly discovered (at least for me) Donna Hay, an Autralian Goddess I hear :)

Here is what you will need:
185g butter, melted, 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted, 175g (1 cup) caster sugar, 2 eggs, 135g (1 cup) plain flour. For the cheesecake: 285g cream cheese, softened, 50g (4 1/2 tbsp) caster sugar (Next time I will use a bit more), 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla How to: 1. preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Butter your pan (I used a round silicone one because that's what I have but you can use a square one) and line with non-stick baking paper (I never do it). Place the butter (previously melted softly), cocoa, sugar, eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well until smooth. Spoon into your pan. 2. To make the cheesecake, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs in a food processor until smooth. Spoon over the brownie mixture (I didn't mix it).  bake for 45-50 minutes or until set (golden top).


No that's not mine! Mine should look like that but it doesn't, it's yummy but looks ugly in pictures so I'm not posting, for now :) Enjoy, and let me know if you decide to bake it!

after a very sweet comment...well... here is mine too :)


Images: Delicias y tentaciones and me...

12 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss baking. I bet yours taste even nicer than the one on the photo would :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so good! maybe ill try to make it this weekend!great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks absolutely delicious AND not part of my new years diet... ha! Nice blog! following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds Delicious! Will definitely have to give it a go... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours looks just as tasty as the first pic :) I've never heard of this recipe before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look incredible! Will definitely have to give them a try...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks SOOO good. I will have to try this receipe! Thanks for stopping by Mi Vida Bonita! Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is so tempting me to cheat on my diet! looks amazing! i'll give them a try when i fall off the wagon...should be sometime in Feb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog!!!, and delicious recipe, i promise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow it looks SO good! I'll have to try this recipe. thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover