Friday, January 22, 2010

The Casual Hostess

Recently I took one of Martha's quiz, what kind oh hostess are you and one of the questions was: "Your home's entryway or mudroom includes: A hand-stenciled sign reminding guests to remove their shoes, a basket of wool socks and slippers, and an empty closet for guests' coats and outerwear." And I'm.... eeer... wondering, does anyone has THAT?  IF you do, 1st you are my hero and 2nd... could I come visit? If you have that you will also probably "Package them (the leftovers) in parchment-lined boxes or food-service containers, tie with a bow, affix a tag with reheating instructions, and present to each guest as they leave your home" and you will have "handmade placecards that will indicate a seating plan, one you've carefully thought out so that new friends can meet, old friends can be reacquainted, and guests with common hobbies and interest can chat" so... if it's like THAT, please... do invite me, I just want to experience it... once!
Anyway my result was: "You are undoubtedly A Casual Hostess. You enjoy having company but don't stress too much about the parties and events you plan. Guests feel comfortable in your home and don't ever feel like they're imposing or interrupting your routine. You're known for not making a big fuss, but also for surprising guests with a few special touches to make them feel welcome."
Yes I know, not impressed either but what can I say, we are both pretty casual and so are our friends but if I was a "hostess inspired by martha" I would love some of these.
And if you dare :) the quiz is here, I'd love to see "who you are" ;)


Just because it's beautiful to look at and I love domes.


Gifts to give (or receive!) and I can do that, or a simpler version anyway (lavender sachets and scented sugars)



And I would love to find this detailed side table (or to have it for that matter)


And wouldn't this make an amazing patio party?



I'm positive I could make this centerpiece HA!

Enjoy the weekend! Im having a chillaxing one after week 1 at work :)
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Hi again! I adore the scalloped blue edge on the pillow slip and agree domed glass covers, feel so elegant!Adore the paper cut outs lovingly preserved beneath them! So stylish!!If you get chance check out the paper decorations over at my place, I think you might like! Sharon(UK) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Thoughtful Hostess:

    You plan ahead to ensure that the events you host are special and that your guests feel welcome. Friends feel comfortable in your home and enjoy bringing signature dishes to your table. You're known for featuring unique touches without going overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still 100% sure you make an amazing hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will make an amazing hostess!! the scented sugars are totally awesome!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmmm, yeah. Apparently I'm a terrible hostess. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous post! These things are all perfect for being a good hostess (although it is making me realize that I need to step up my game! Ha!) Have a fabulous weekend love XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun quiz...

    I got

    You are undoubtedly
    A Thoughtful Hostess


    You plan ahead to ensure that the events you host are special and that your guests feel welcome. Friends feel comfortable in your home and enjoy bringing signature dishes to your table. You're known for featuring unique touches without going overboard.



    Although I have no idea how. After answering some of those questions I thought my result was going to be ...and you call yourself a HOSTESS?!?? lol. Apparently letting otheres bring a dish with them is a good thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved the quiz. i was a thoughtful hostess. kinda made me want to plan a dinner party soon. it's been a while since the holidays now :)

    hope ur having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover