Monday, December 07, 2009

A Deco Guru house: Rita Konig

I came across a beautiful image of an apartment in the Domino group on Flickr.
I clicked on it and the title was Rita Konig's apartment, it's done in a beautiful palette of pale colors and there's a Love print on the wall which led me to look more into the name. Rita Konig is a decorator based in NY who has written about style for British Vogue (got my copy today on the post btw!), The Telegraph and Domino and also has a blog in the New York Times. But at the moment what most interests me is her apartment, I want more and more. 

Here is a very good interview where Rita shares tips and party ideas.


"It doesn't necessarily follow that if everything in the room is beautiful you end up with a beautiful room. I think the best rooms are those that have a mix of things and an ugly lamp with a crooked shade, or an inherited table or the rug from your childhood bedroom. These are the things that add texture and life to a room." -Rita Konig

Images 1,2,3: Apartment Therapy

1 comment:

  1. omg i love this apartment! i bought her books a while back and ive only just found them again and started flipping through. I typed in her name into google search as i dont really know who she is! I found an image i liked -hence me now writing a lil comment on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover