Friday, October 30, 2009

Eames Elephant

I was told that Elephants bring luck, apparently elephants with trunks up, i have an intrincate figurine in my flat so I'm hoping for a good chunk of luck. But anyway my elephant post is not about luck but about Eames and its kids little chair. Quoting from Vitra who are manufacturing them "Charles and Ray Eames also succumbed to their charms and in 1945 designed a toy elephant made of plywood. However, it never made it into mass production. The Eames elephant is now available for the first time in a plastic version for those it was originally intended for: children."

I would love one for my flat, maybe as a stool or just to look at it but I think that the money will be better spent if I get one for my Goddaughter for Christmas, I have a feeling she will really enjoy the pink one and her trendy parents too! Way to go little elephant, a hard life is waiting for you around the corner (3 beautiful kids under 4).

* 1st image from
* 2ond image miniature Eames Plywood


  1. Eeee I love them! I want a green one :)

    & Yes, doll face... I do make the pillows! xo

  2. Hi Helena ! These plywood animals are my favorite.
    I have made myself a cool illustration of one of these elephants for those who can't afford the real one ;)



Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover